Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this situation...

would combat happen in this order: US Soldier A with Initiative of 4 would go first ( even though in the Disadvantage space, due to his higher initiative), and then German Soldier U with Initiative 3 followed by Soldier T with Initiative 2 would act...

- or -

would German U followed by German T do their actions and then American A performs his action... i.e. ALL soldiers with advantage go first regardless of initiative ratings?

Thanks for clarification - this always bugs me and it has been awhile since I played - want to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aeryn Sun
United States
Nesconset
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just follow the rows from top to bottom.

Soldiers in the 2-Turns advantage space go first.
Soldiers in the 2-Turns disadvantage space go second.
Soldiers in the 1-Turn advantage space go third.
Etc......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks... my brain can always see the logic of either approach and it never seemed super direct/clear in the rules. It actually is clear - but the fuzzy logic intrudes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flane
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Germans act in alphabetical order at the same advantage level, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaney wrote:

Yes. Americans act in any order you want to (at the same level).

Also remember there can be some interruptions to the normal order. Someone can be given a command by a commander (which may result in that someone now suddenly being on a row above everyone else, so he must take an action) or someone helping out firing a machinegun (which can be done even if one of the two is on a lower row).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
flaney wrote:

Yes. Americans act in any order you want to (at the same level).

Also remember there can be some interruptions to the normal order. Someone can be given a command by a commander (which may result in that someone now suddenly being on a row above everyone else, so he must take an action) or someone helping out firing a machinegun (which can be done even if one of the two is on a lower row).

Activating a new German can also make it so you need to revisit an upper row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.