Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played many games of Jambo, and it seems that the supplies card sends you shooting towards a victory, since the ware cards are the cards that get you money.
There wasn't any opposition once the player had the supplies card; they were able to buy and sell at will, especially if they had even a moderate level of utility cards or hand cards.
From what I've seen, there aren't any utility cards that come close to matching its ability, and if you don't draw a croc, you're screwed. We are considering taking it out of the game.
Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played a lot and have never found the Supplies card overpowered. Since buying the expansion we have removed the Dancer cards - because we did find those to be overpowered.

I would advise you to customise the game to your tastes. If you think you would enjoy the game more without certain cards, then pull them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always found the Supplies card a bit of a mix. It can be immensely helpful when you need it, but I've also had the misfortune of needing both a ware card and a market stand, and the Supplies card can make you go through the deck and actually discard a market stand for the sake of looking for a ware card.

In other words, I've found it to be pretty balanced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
United States
Summit
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't underestimate the cost of the supplies each turn. You are earning much less if you use it repeatedly. Also, it does not work exceptionally fast. It will guarantee you earn 1 ware card each turn, but that does not guarantee matches. I've sat with lots of ware cards that were hard to match up. And if you leave extra wares on your stands, they could get stolen from you by your opponent.

That being said, it might be my favorite Utility. Either that or the Scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Z
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, I think that this card is quite powerful, but you need it pretty early in the game to get advantage. Also when you play with expansions there is a plenty of ways to either block, steal or use it yourself when opponent has Supplies.

On other hand Hipo card can destroy your opponent if you can attack with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Powerful does not mean overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
For us it does seem pretty overpowered. We haven't removed it yet but it seems to be strong enough that we're considering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's powerful, that is why you use animal cards like croc or snake to get rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.