Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week I came across a good deal on Amazon. Key Harvest for 15 dollars. Does anyone else know of good deals like this? With times being tough, I am always looking for a bargain! I am looking for games less than $20!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:
Last week I came across a good deal on Amazon. Key Harvest for 15 dollars. Does anyone else know of good deals like this? With times being tough, I am always looking for a bargain! I am looking for games less than $20!

Well, Key Harvest is sort of perpetually on sale for $15. If you're looking for another game that's always under $20, Forbidden Island is worth looking at.

There's also the Hot Deals forum (http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/10/boardgamegeek/hot-deals) that you can check in on regularly, though it seems to have died down quite a bit after the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hoy
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite places to look is in the bargain bin at toys for thought.

http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/

Not everything there is a great deal but there are always some good ones. Here's a few that stand out in my opinion

Caveman 10$
Ad Astra 20$ (and for that matter a lot of Fantasy Flight games)
Cleopatra Society of Architects 20$
Constantinopolis 20$
Dragonheart 10$
Giants 21$
Middle Kingdom 3$
Senji 21$
Golden City 15$
Wicked Witches Way 14$

Not everything in the bin is in stock all the time but they periodically refresh it (such as Mission to Red Planet). Shipping isn't bad if you buy multiple games at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Forums: Hot Deals:
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/10/boardgamegeek/hot-deals

How do I put Hot Deals on my front page, anyway? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a geeklist about good games under 15 or 20 dollars but I can't find it or remember the title. Perhaps someone else can help you out there.

Other deals can be found on Thought Hammer, they have nice sales here and there. If you can pick up Tower of Babel I think it would be worth it. It's a nice game for 3 or 4 as long as you play without the special cards. Usually can be found for 10 bucks or so too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can usually get Masons on Amazon for under 20. My wife and I like it a lot. It's different than anything else in my collection - area control with options based on dice AND cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lordbukka wrote:
One of my favorite places to look is in the bargain bin at toys for thought.

http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/

Not everything there is a great deal but there are always some good ones. Here's a few that stand out in my opinion

Caveman 10$
Ad Astra 20$ (and for that matter a lot of Fantasy Flight games)
Cleopatra Society of Architects 20$
Constantinopolis 20$
Dragonheart 10$
Giants 21$
Middle Kingdom 3$
Senji 21$
Golden City 15$
Wicked Witches Way 14$

Not everything in the bin is in stock all the time but they periodically refresh it (such as Mission to Red Planet). Shipping isn't bad if you buy multiple games at once.

Don't forget their "Leftover Turkeys" section, which includes the Mission: Red Planet deal you mentioned which is IMO the best bargain they have:

http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/213/LEFTOVER-TURK...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribe to the Hot Deals forum so they always show in the subscriptions area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get on the mailing list of every online store you can find is a good method to hear about sales. Also regularly check their sales page. Basically it's up to you how much effort you put it to keeping an eye out :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Loot on Amazon for under 10. It seems to have good reviews. Is this a good filler game for 2 player, or is it only good in large groups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.