Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unclear on when you can play Halley's comet:

-Clearly, you can play it during your turn as a standard event.
-Presumably you can play it on the targeted player's turn, but does it have to be on the turn you want to effect (when you force them to skip or discard), or on their previous turn only?
-Can you play it on one player's turn to affect the next player? E.g. Hapsburgs play it against the Ottomans, in response to the Protestant play
-Can you play it on your turn in response to your play of another card? E.g. England plays a card to move to Paris, then plays Halley to skip the French turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antero Kuusi
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr.mrow wrote:
I'm unclear on when you can play Halley's comet:
-Presumably you can play it on the targeted player's turn, but does it have to be on the turn you want to effect (when you force them to skip or discard), or on their previous turn only?

Previous turn only. If you are playing on the target's turn, his next turn referred on the card is, well, his next turn. But this is not really a problem due to the next two answers.

Quote:

-Can you play it on one player's turn to affect the next player? E.g. Hapsburgs play it against the Ottomans, in response to the Protestant play

Certainly. There's nothing saying that you have to target the player that is currently taking a turn.

Quote:

-Can you play it on your turn in response to your play of another card? E.g. England plays a card to move to Paris, then plays Halley to skip the French turn

Yes. From 6.1 in rules: "Response cards are playable as an event in the Action Phase during any player’s impulse (including your own). Play of a Response card interrupts a player’s impulse, a battle, or an Event card play." So, you may interrupt your own card with your response card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.