Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Tobago» Forums » General

Subject: Is there any text on the cards? a German version is available at my LGS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been humming and ha-ing about this game for a while, but after listening to The Game On podcast's review of it, it's on my MUST BUY list. It'll fit really well in my collection. So I must get this hotness.

I'm all the way in the Land of the Rising Sun, so sometimes it's hard to get certain games in English, but there are a lot of German games here.

So I was wondering if there were any text on the cards/board. If I purchase this in another language it should be easy enough to decipher after I download the rules? I don't mind if the back of the box is in another language/the original rule book is in another language.

Thanks everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
No text on the cards. If you download the English rules with the icon references, you'll be fine. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that's great news. Now I must work and get some more $$ so I can buy more games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check out the online version over at Board Game Arena, the cards there are exact duplicates of the physical board game, and you can get an idea of how it plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not only is there no text on the cards but the German version, because it's published by Zoch, has English and French rules as well as German (and has a nicer box than the English-only version IMO because it doesn't have the Rio Grande Games logo covering up the artwork in addition to the Zoch one) as they're nice people like that. Check the back of the box before dismissing something as a German version: Zoch, Haba, Drei Magier Spiele and now alea (but still not Hans im Glück) original German versions are nearly always multilingual if possible, while Ravensburger and Queen do a German-only version and a multilingual one for export everywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome
Thanks to everyone's responses. Greatly appreciated
I bought the German version. It's waiting to be played. The box does look awesome I just have to wait about 7 more days...ooohhh... hurry up game day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.