eran b. sondervan
Israel
Kedomim
NA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Waht you going to do with your first Edition?
save it
Throw in the trash
Give a gift to a friend
Sell ​​it
      54 answers
Poll created by sonde
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rational answer would be: sell it or throw it away. I'm an emotionalist so I will save it. I simply can't part from a once bought game. Even if they're replaced by new editions. EastFront, Westfront and MedFront are still piled up in my closet though I own EastFront II, Westfront II and EuroFront and even A House Divided has its own place in my closet alongside with North & South. The same goes for Rommel in the Desert and Rommel in the Desert II and The Eagle and the Star and Strike of the Eagle. And I don't own a large house!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
* Save it ... and don't buy the new edition.

That's for me.

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Pawlus
Poland
Piaseczno
Masovia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah save it as the only edition I have. Although I LOVE the new design
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't know... :-(

One option I consider is to sell it along with PoH - With Storms of Steel I have all the Eastern Front szenarios I need. Africa, Pacific and Western Front are totally other szenarios.

Another option is keeping it, since I have new counters from PoH and I like the old maps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the reasoning behind this poll...

I'll keep it of course! Why should i buy the 2nd ed if i already have the 1st? Just for the new artwork?

I prefer to buy a new game instead of a second copy of a game which i already own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
The rational answer would be: sell it or throw it away. I'm an emotionalist so I will save it. I simply can't part from a once bought game. Even if they're replaced by new editions. EastFront, Westfront and MedFront are still piled up in my closet though I own EastFront II, Westfront II and EuroFront ...

I recently picked up copies of the originally EuroFront games instead of the second editions because of the smaller maps. Don't get me wrong I love big maps, but I thought the smaller ones would be better for "portability" reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Belz wrote:
Jan van der Laan wrote:
The rational answer would be: sell it or throw it away. I'm an emotionalist so I will save it. I simply can't part from a once bought game. Even if they're replaced by new editions. EastFront, Westfront and MedFront are still piled up in my closet though I own EastFront II, Westfront II and EuroFront ...

I recently picked up copies of the originally EuroFront games instead of the second editions because of the smaller maps. Don't get me wrong I love big maps, but I thought the smaller ones would be better for "portability" reasons.

Are the new maps of Awakening of the Bear larger? I thought it was a redesign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
I don't understand the reasoning behind this poll...

I'll keep it of course! Why should i buy the 2nd ed if i already have the 1st? Just for the new artwork?

I prefer to buy a new game instead of a second copy of a game which i already own.

Exactly. The OP seems to be assuming everyone with 1st Edition is buying 2nd Edition. There needs to be a fifth choice - Play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be trying to repurpose the components for custom stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leitner
France
Maisons-Alfort
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the first edition to present and play the game in some conventions,night…
without be scared of lose some counters :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess having 2 copies of the first version and pre-ordering the second version makes me the odd man out. Well, perhaps it has nothing to do with having either version... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Belz wrote:
Jan van der Laan wrote:

I use the "old" maps (but with the "new" blocks) for exactly the same reason. Besides that I prefer the "old" (grey) blocks over the "new" (black) blocks.

And now back to topic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai von der Aa
Germany
Nuremberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Belz wrote:

Are the new maps of Awakening of the Bear larger? I thought it was a redesign?

The maps from AtB 1st and 2nd edition have the same size. EuroFront games are another story (it has nothing to do with Academy Games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
2018 - The Year of the Miniatures
mbmbmbmbmb
Play it of course! :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zimmer
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
...of course buy the new version and give my old AtB to my brother (already paid for it on the site because you won't find it cheaper in the stores).

I've given 2 as gifts already. I'd buy any re-prints of AG Games. -now I just have to get it past the wife's Game Detector ))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bebo995 wrote:
...of course buy the new version and give my old AtB to my brother (already paid for it on the site because you won't find it cheaper in the stores).

I've given 2 as gifts already. I'd buy any re-prints of AG Games. -now I just have to get it past the wife's Game Detector :)))

second that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.