Stefan Winter
Austria
Wien
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

in my gaming group there is a running gag about playing 1848.

We tried severel times to figure out what to do, but the rules are so confusing, we didn't get it.

Some ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the rules that came with the game or do you have the advanced rules?

Here you find some Errata and the "Additional Rules": http://www.geschichtsspiele.de/kuhl04.htm Many years ago in Essen, the designer also sold a rulebook with "Advanced Rules" - must be lying around in my Gaming Dungeon somewhere.

Although, it does not make the game more playable I have to admit ... soblue we tried it once, declared it "broken/stupid/worthless" and I threw it into a corner where it collects dust.

If you want to play a great game with the name of 1848, I recommend 1848: Australia meeple

Edit: Ha, I just found out, I even uploaded the cover of the advanced rules once in the image section!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Winter
Austria
Wien
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer!

We had both rules. The problem was, so it seemed, that the additional rules were strangely interwoven with the short "rules" printed on a bunch of cards.
However, I don't care anyway.

@ 1848: Australia: Thanks for the recommendation, but i think one 18XX title (1835) is anough for my gaming group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.