karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello,

I have a question to the object NET. What happens to the character trapped in the net? It can not use the ispiration dice in the reserve, does not have any zone of control and does not provide support. That is all clear.
But what does it mean that he "remains immobile"? As the spell only lasts until the end of the attacker´s turn, he will not move deliberately anyway.
So what does it mean, if he is subsequently being attacked by another character of the active player - can the trapped character combat at all? And can it win? Force the attacker to retreat?
And if it is him to be forced to retreat, does it mean, that he gets "shaken" instead (or even disabled, when "shaken" already), as he is "immobile"?

I am somehow considering a house rule, that he combats, but in all cases that he wins, the combat is considered a tie. In case of being forced to retreat he takes the "shaken" and is eventually disabled, if "shaken" already.

Otherwise, the net is too weak.

what do you think?
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It was explained in the meantime very promptly by Laurent - see below the excerpt from the conversation.

Laurent,

thanks again for a very prompt answer. But it is still not clear to me, sorry, I am too slow sometimes.
---- me too. And my english is very very poor.

If a character is caught in the net - what really does it mean for him? If it is subject to another attack in the same turn (by another character of the player, who´s previous character used the net), what happens? Can the defender in the net combat at all?
---yes
If yes, normally, what happens, if it looses by difference 1 or 2? It can not retreat because of the net - i.e. it becomes shaken now?
---no, as usual
What happens if it looses by difference of 3? It is now shaken twice, ie. eliminated?
------ just shake, as usual
If all the above is true, I understand the advantage of the net.
If not, the net is probably absolutely useless.
------not really:

if you throw the net you can cancel an inspiration dice in reserve (at distance) before a fight
You cancel the zone of control too, so a friendly character in the canceled zone of control can move freely... or move through it freely. (good solution in any scenarios)

Remember, I created the equipments for specifics scenarios (or custom scenarios). They are not really powerfull in a "total fight" configuration.

Or, does it mean, that the caught character CAN NOT MOVE IN ITS OWN TURN WHEN IT WILL BE ACTIVATED? That however is not what is written of the card NET. But it would explain what you mean by saying that you "neutralize" a big foe. Why would you otherwise need to neutralize him just until the end of the phase, when it can not move anyway, because it is not his turn??

------ I remember a scenario where Warau blocked a very important "path". Because of its zone of control, it was very difficult to use this way. I used the net to cancel it.... (Ok, I missed the throw, but I had no luck ^ ^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.