Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I pick a discovery tile with an alien Ship part and keep it for later upgrading, do I have to show it or can I keep it secret?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say you have to reveal it. When claiming the discovery tile you have to decide which side you're going to use. Either you take the VPs or you take the boon - which then must be revealed to all players imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No opinion is necessary, the manual tells you what to do. You immediately decide which side of the tile to use when you influence that sector -
* If you choose the victory points, you place that next to your player board, which means everyone can see it.

* If you choose the alien technology and immediately upgrade with it, you place it onto your ship, which means everyone can see it.

* If you choose the alien technology and keep it available for a future upgrade, it instructs you to place it next to your player board, which means everyone can see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, "Carcassonne rule" applies to both hexes and Discoveries before you make your decision: must show to all players so they can "give advice".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, then, if you choose to keep the tile for 2VPs at end of game, you:

(a) still must show what's on the other side (that you chose to forgo) to everyone, or

(b) keep it secret throughout the game so opponents never know what its benefit was?

--David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9 of the current rules say that you show the face side of the tile before deciding which side to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.