Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got two of the Bone dice sets and I like them. In the FFG AH Catalog under Accessories they've got details for Blessed and Cursed Dice Sets that match the Bones and Green Glowies that make the Q-Workshop basic sets finally complete for all AH rolls. I don't see any details on availabilty yet, but I've seen a couple OLGS taking pre-orders.

What are your optimum numbers of dice of each type (No, Bl, Cu) for games that might use all 8 players and most if not all expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize it's good to have the numbers for some rare things, but I think the dice are too busy on the sides that don't have elder signs. A smaller number, set off in the corner, would have been better for those sides. I like the Chessex dice because there's nothing at all on the other sides, so there's the instant visual cue of successes, but the Q-Workshop dice roll better, so it's too bad there's not the best of both worlds in that sense.

Quote:
What are your optimum numbers of dice of each type (No, Bl, Cu) for games that might use all 8 players and most if not all expansions?

For the rare times when you need blessed/cursed, I think two sets of five is enough. 15 of the regular kind should be plenty for almost all skill checks. Though if you want more to have other sets around the table, well, then multiply from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Grudunza wrote:
I realize it's good to have the numbers for some rare things, but I think the dice are too busy on the sides that don't have elder signs. A smaller number, set off in the corner, would have been better for those sides. I like the Chessex dice because there's nothing at all on the other sides

For reference, this is the thread for the Chessex dice. There isn't an active order going on right now, but Coltsfan did mention that he might do another in January. I have a set and love them, and I completely agree that the Q-Workshop dice are too busy for my tastes.

becki ellis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has the Q-Workshop dice, and she enjoys them. They do seem to get her knocked unconcious / driven insane more frequently than the rest of us though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I have the "official" dice (Q-Workshop?) and think they look and work great, however 5 simply aren't enough. I have 10 (2 packets) which works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why its taken so long for FFG to come up with these when players have been requesting and buying them for years. They are quick and easy to design and produce.

Overall I prefer the ones distributed by ColtsFan. The only advantage these may have is they will roll better (but give the Chesssex ones a long roll and they work OK).

Not sure what sales will be like at this late stage, but I may buy some anyway as an alternative set as I have the green & bone ones as well as the custom ones from the BGG thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.