Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The eight heroes in Dungeon Run offer varied ways to get through the treacherous dungeons. I’ve attempted below to make a rundown of each character and what their shtick is. Feedback is welcomed and appreciated to make this as accurate and comprehensive as possible.

Addolgar Vayne – Your typical fantasy Paladin/Knight in shining armor, Vayne is a beacon of good in the deep dark depths.

Number of powers that are good against Monsters: 7
Number of powers that are good against other heroes: 8
Number of powers that buffs yourself or other characters: 7

Breakdown – Vayne is one of the best heroes to use in a game where you want to highlight the cooperative aspects of the game. Abilities like Divine Strength, Protector, and Transference will make you popular with the other players. His Summoner Stone ability is the only one that buffs its owner rather than hinders his enemies.

Birodin – He is tired of theses mother-frakkin shenanigans in this mother frakkin dungeon! He’s not going to take any bull from anybody! Birodin’s mere presence can cause those around him to falter. I don’t imagine he is very popular at parties.

Number of powers that are good against Monsters: 5
Number of powers that are good against other heroes: 6
Number of powers that buffs yourself or other characters: 5

Breakdown – Disruption Field, Reproachful Gaze, and Aura of Righteous Fury make Birodin a pain to be around. His three Legacy powers enable him to utilize different equipment, but can be situational if you don’t draw the right cards. Overall I would say he is a fairly solid hero, but out shown by Vayne in the Prayer field.

Dorgan – Screw you guys, Dorgan’s going home…and he plans to take the treasure with him. Dorgan has been through this before and all you are doing is getting in his way. (And yes, every time I play this character I plan to use Cartman’s voice.)

Number of powers that are good against Monsters: 6
Number of powers that are good against other heroes: 5
Number of powers that buffs yourself or other characters: 4

Breakdown – Dorgan is a mean little cuss, but he’s in the right place for his skills. His trap skills will make them a non issue for him. Bravery and resourceful will help level the field against monsters who out rank you. He is a solid hero in the War category.

Emma Goodluck – Wizard. She has a stick. She does magicy things. Standard fantasy setting spell caster, with a confusing wardrobe. Her clothes don’t really clash as much as they wage in epic battle against one another.

Number of powers that are good against Monsters: 4
Number of powers that buffs yourself or other characters: 9

Breakdown – Emma is another good hero to run in a friendly game. Abilities like Scry, Transfer Items, and second Sight can give everyone a leg up. Of course she has plenty of ways to screw her companions over. A good magic based character.

Paelleall – Elf Ranger, with the pointy ears and zippity zappity bow and the puddin pops. Standard archetype ranger

Number of powers that are good against Monsters: 8
Number of powers that are good against other heroes: 7

Breakdown – A good offensive character, Paelleall is a well rounded hero. Unfortunately she has stiff competition in the Talent category, but she’s still a solid choice. If you’re going for a more Co-op game, she is the far superior choice.

Stabbins – Death from the shadows. You’ll never see him coming. Is he there!? Or there!? IS HE BEHIND YOU!? If the answer is yes it’s too late.

Number of powers that are good against other heroes: 8

Breakdown – A fan favorite, Stabbins is best used when you want to emphasize the treacherous aspect of the game. He has many abilities such as Sleight of Hand, Pickpocket, Dubious Trade, and Sly to mess with his competitor’s heads. He’s also a mean little cuss, able to take down those who cross him.

The Fourth Vessel – He’s an evil, mutating, deal with darkness making, body horror having, anti-heroic mage. I hear he makes a good cup of Joe though.

Number of powers that buffs yourself or other characters: 6

Breakdown – Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher meat is this guy gross to think about! Vessel is the 2nd hero in the magic series, and he’s not bad if you want to play a dark sider.

Vargagg – Vargagg smash! But vargagg also like long walks on beach, pretty flowers, and crushing my enemies beneath my feet.

Number of powers that are good against Monsters: 6
Number of powers that are good against other heroes: 9
Number of powers that buffs yourself or other characters: 1

Breakdown – Perhaps the most offensively focused hero, Vargagg is a force to be reckoned with. He is best used in competitive games where his slew of pvp powers can be used.

Best 4 Heroes for a Cooperative game: Vayne, Goodluck, Paelleall, Dorgan
Best 4 Heroes for a Competitive game: Stabbins, Vargagg, The Fourth Vessel, Birodin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
Safford
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice breakdown. Props to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cavalier wrote:
Nice breakdown. Props to you!

Thank you kind geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.F. Sesma
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excellent explanation, very detailed. If something it's missing I think it is what hero choose first or in response to the heroes your opponents chosen. But that it could mean a thread on itself! haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent post! Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.