Subject: I need an explanation of this card pls... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alejandro Bravo
France
flag msg tools
i don't understand the spell N° 13, "Demolish"

"Ignore site fortifications"

What that means? If i'm attacking a fortress or a city, all defenders lose their fortification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Irakhos wrote:
i don't understand the spell N° 13, "Demolish"

"Ignore site fortifications"

What that means? If i'm attacking a fortress or a city, all defenders lose their fortification?

You are correct. Mage Tower too.

Note that monsters which are fortified on their own do NOT lose their fortification ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
All enemies lose the fortification bonus granted by the Keep, Mage Tower, or City. If an enemy has the fortified ability on it, it will still keep it. Demolish will ignore site fortifications for enemies that have Fire Resist as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Bravo
France
flag msg tools
ok... thnx guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoor213 wrote:
...Demolish will ignore site fortifications for enemies that have Fire Resist as well.
Is there a typo somehwere in that sentence? I don't know what you mean by it. Is it that Demolish will also remove the fortification bonus from enemies with Fire Resist as well? I would expect that any characteristic an enemy has, other than the fortification bonus, would be unaffected and that none of those other properties would interfere with the effect of Demolish in the removal of the site fortification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
He means it will even work on enemies with fire resistance. Normally as it's a red spell this wouldn't be the case, but this spell targets the site rather than the enemies within it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilP wrote:
He means it will even work on enemies with fire resistance. Normally as it's a red spell this wouldn't be the case, but this spell targets the site rather than the enemies within it.

Exactly - the City grants properties to the inhabitants, not the other way around. And it had been noted earlier that an enemy's own fortification property, if it has one, is not affected by Demolish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StefanK
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
PhilP wrote:

Exactly - the City grants properties to the inhabitants, not the other way around. And it had been noted earlier that an enemy's own fortification property, if it has one, is not affected by Demolish.

Agree. All the enemies lose site fortification when "demolish" spell is cast. However the fire resistant enemy does not get Armor -1, I guess, because the red mana was used to activate it.
Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Agree. All the enemies lose site fortification when "demolish" spell is cast. However the fire resistant enemy does not get Armor -1, I guess, because the red mana was used to activate it.
Am I right?

Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.