Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am going to be moving soon. And I have a big pile of empty boxes from either consolidating expansions into the base box, or transferring everything to a new box.

I am torn between packing and moving the empty boxes, or tossing them out.

The collector and Packaging Engineer in me wants to hold on to them, but the practical part of finds it odd to move and store empty boxes.

hmmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recycle them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally throw out recycle the boxes once I know I'm keeping everything. But then, I'm not really a "collector," I don't think. More of an "accumulator."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cerith Morgan-Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put a cat in them, take photos, upload them to BGG and receive many thumbs.

Then recycle them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OLeary
United States
Roosevelt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's time for an art project. Cut out the best pictures from the boxes and make a framed collage or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titaniumator wrote:
I am torn between packing and moving the empty boxes, or tossing them out.

You will be less and less torn on this one with each successive move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I most always recycle expansion boxes when they fit in the base game. I know I will never trade/sell without the base so why bother keeping them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they are sturdier than many other boxes, I recycle them into storage in my studio or for shipping boxes. Moving, don't take them unless something is in them...although you could pick a few that nest together (so don't take up much room) and take just those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nice brian regan reference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm going through a process of painting and redecorating them for use with boxless games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm struggling with this as well, we recently condensed Ticket to Ride, TTR: Europe, and TTR: Asia into a single box (barely fits) and the empty ones are sitting on my shelf until I decide what to do.

I think I'll probably end up keeping the TTR: Europe box, it's big enough to do something useful with it like organize little card games or hold one of my future game designs. TTR: Asia is just a map pack and won't hold much so that one may get tossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Cut the corners and flatten them so you can reconstruct them later. If you still don't have enough room, toss them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdean wrote:
Cut the corners and flatten them so you can reconstruct them later. If you still don't have enough room, toss them!

Pack away your prototypes in them.
They are well-built boxes compared to anything you could buy from a normal store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Sorel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Proleary wrote:
I think it's time for an art project. Cut out the best pictures from the boxes and make a framed collage or something like that.

I liked this. Especially because when i moved in there was this really ugly picture in a big frame that I left hanging, but I could replace the picture with some box cuts

Caedmus wrote:
nice brian regan reference

Thank you, I love his work. Probably my favorite comedian.

mdean wrote:

That is a good idea too, especially paired with the idea of using it for prototype games.

ropearoni4 wrote:
mdean wrote:

Pack away your prototypes in them.
They are well-built boxes compared to anything you could buy from a normal store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.