Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to say that I'm annoyed about the difference in card size from the master set and previous set(s?) (I only have one with cave gobbs and guild dwarves). The master set has slightly broader cards which made me bend a card when trying to put it in a sleeve (as well as buying 300 sleeves that I can't use, not right now anyways). Juat wanted to complain about that, now I just need to find some bigger sleeves and then I'm gonna play this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah none of us are happy about it, but Colby is just getting started and had to switch printers I believe which ended up causing a variation in card size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven A Lee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only got the Master Set, and I plan to hold off on purchasing the older faction/reinforcement decks until they are reprinted at the new size (assuming they will be). Can anyone tell me what factions/reinforcement packs I'm safe to buy (i.e., sets that are identical in size to the Master Set cards)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having played this game before - does it matter if the decks are different sizes?

Is there an option to mix in cards from various decks to make one play-deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven A Lee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only matters if the reinforcement packs (additional cards for use in faction decks) have different size cards from the base faction decks - a good point worth adding. I don't sleeve cards, and it's hard to get a good shuffle with different sized cards. Also, I'm not in any hurry to get all the faction decks, so I don't mind waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Suing
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
sleevan wrote:
Can anyone tell me what factions/reinforcement packs I'm safe to buy (i.e., sets that are identical in size to the Master Set cards)?

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this as well. I just started playing this game a week ago and just purchased the Cloaks, Vanguards, and Fallen Kingdom factions off Ebay. Hoping they're the same size as the Master Set cards I have. If not, I'll be a little disappointed. I'm waiting for the reprint on the two starter sets, which I'm sure will have the same size.

Loving this game though! It's incredibly addictive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NORAZLI SHAZRIL
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
posted by ChaosChild in a forum in Plaidhatgames.com (many great info/rules and other )

First Printer
Old starters (PE/TO and GD/CG)
VG and FK faction decks.

First Printer (thinner cards)
PE/TO and GD/CG reinforcement packs.

Second Printer (slightly smaller than 1st printer)
CL and JE faction decks

Third Printer (very slightly off size of 2nd printer, better quality)
CL/ JE and VG/FK reinforcement packs
Master set
Filth and Merc faction decks
DD/BD and SE/SG reinforcement packs
New starters (PE/TO and GD/CG)
All future releases (hopefully)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NORAZLI SHAZRIL
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha. yeah. kinda disheartening when i heard this for the 1st time. but, this game is sooo damn good! i'm so greatful to the people who promote this to me... and it will not be much of a problem if you sleeves the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to detect the "new starters" compared to the old? Are the box sized differently? Are the old ones so old that the chances of there being old still available almost zero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The old starters look like this:

The new ones like this:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.