Subject: Question about crew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney

Lexington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very new to the game. I just bought one of the $10 boxes at Target and want to get into the game. I just have a few questions about how you choose your crew. Do you choose them when choosing your ships or do you choose them when you say you want to start? Do they come with ships that you pick? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
You include crew when building your fleet, and their point costs are added to the costs of your ships to determine the total cost of the fleet.

For example, one 40-point fleet might have 30 points of ships and 10 points of crew, while another might be split 25/15, and a third could be 35/5.

After everyone has built their entire fleets, you place the ships at your home island and then assign the crew to their respective ships. Keep in mind that the total of value crew on a single ship cannot exceed the value of that ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mbmb
But where do you find the points cost for the crew? It isn't on the crew pieces....

I am also new to the game and my son and I are trying to figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Major SNAFU wrote:
But where do you find the points cost for the crew? It isn't on the crew pieces....

I am also new to the game and my son and I are trying to figure it out.
Point costs (and abilities) are listed on the cards that came with the crew tokens.

With named crew you definitely need to keep those cards as a reference or the tokens will be useless, but with generic crew a single "cheat sheet" for all of them would suffice.

Oarsman, Explorer = 1 point
Helmsman, Shipwright, Cannoneer = 2 points
Captain, Musketeer = 3 points

If you need the point cost or ability for a specific crew token, check the gallery at MiniatureTrading.com: http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/selectCard/game_id/34/goa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.