Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cubberly
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
This combination is practically unstoppable.

If the Mudmen control the Brass Pipes, then they get to go to all the muddy regions, thus easily getting all 12 of their tokens. Then, since they can jump around the board, its very easy for them to be adjacent to all other players in order to steal from them.

This was our first time playing Underground and I doubt this combination is common, but boy was it a good combination. The guy who controlled the Mudmen never played Small World before and he easily beat all of us.

Also, he was lucky to have an in decline race that had some protection, so not only was he racking up the points from the mudmen, he was getting at least 6 for his in decline races every turn. Killer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's the beauty of Small World (and Underground) discovering 'those combos'. I mean what has to happen:

Mudmen available
Paired with Thieving
AND the random draw of the mystery monster loot is Brass Pipes.
Of course, that means the other players have to beat down those single tokens to whittle down the 'supply' and income generators. Or just take the Brass Pipes away. Sometimes you have to be aggressive (heck, nearly always in our games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently he was also lucky to get the brass pipes in a muddy region, otherwise it would not allow him to go directly to the mud regions.

But I've also been beaten by muddy mudmen, which some players also declared broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.