Popular Tags: [View All]
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the thing: I can search through these forums and try to find an answer but I'm deathly afraid of tripping over any spoilers in the process. So, please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

I meet with a regular group of four guys (including myself) to play board games. Sometimes there's a fifth one, but generally it's four. I own Risk Legacy and haven't opened it yet but we are excited to dive into it soon.

Is there a way for a player to be eliminated while playing through the game? What I'm hoping doesn't happen: the four of us play through say fix or six sessions when, one night, Player B is eliminated from the game and from all future Risk Legacy sessions. I'd hate for us to have this game that we'd like to play with all four us present but Player B can't because he's now eliminated from the storyline gameplay.

Can/does this happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know there's no permenant player elemination, its just for one game is the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike other aspects of the game, the elimination part is not permanent.
Even if a player got a eliminated in a game, he can just hope in the next; he just have to check the eliminated column at the back of his faction.
Keep in mind, elimination is not the same as knocked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played my copy yet, but it looks like a player or faction can be eliminated from a single session, but not from the game as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
Safford
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no game-to-game elimination and there is no requirement for the game to always be played by the same players. The same players don't even have to play the same factions from game to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
Monkey Prime wrote:
As far as I know there's no permenant player elemination, its just for one game is the most.

Really? We've been ripping them up and throwing them in the trash. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks and thumbs for everyone.
This makes me feel a LOT better about diving into our first session soon. Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter 'Pedro' Goins
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Note that player elimination is a requirement to open up one of the packets, so it's something you will eventually be trying to accomplish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oehler
msg tools
mb
Player Elimination is not a campaign property; it applies only in that one game.

At least in our group, elimination has been pretty uncommon, happening only twice in 10 games. Both times, people were investing significant additional effort to make the elimination happen (first to open the elimination packet, and the second was to **** **** ********** ***** ******** ******).

Factions can respawn in valid starting locations even if knocked out, so it's often possible to stay in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakar wrote:
Sometimes it is. You're considered eliminated at end game if you have no troops on the board.
kjamma4 wrote:
Monkey Prime wrote:
Really? We've been ripping them up and throwing them in the trash. devil
The players? whistle then how are you gonna get the "sign the board twice? Hope one player manages to never get Eliminated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
Shakar wrote:
Sometimes it is. You're considered eliminated at end game if you have no troops on the board.

I think he was making a point that the two terms are not interchangeable.

An eliminated player is always knocked out.
A knocked-out player is not always eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.