Subject: [Open Call] Mech art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Waibel
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically, front profile, blueprint style b/w mech lineart. No shading or grayscale needed. But this is a bit of an unusual request, as the I'm not asking for completed mechs per se. Rather, what I'm looking for are modular sections. Please reference the below image (the mech in the background is for reference purposes only)

Each module (arm, chassis, and legs) will need to fit within the black outline and not cross over. The red parts are where the module piece has to reach to. For accessories, they will be in the shaded area of the same label. Essentially what is happening is that all of these will be printed on transparencies, so when a player selects a chassis, left arm, right arm, leg set, and accessory, they will have a completed mech. That's why it's crucial for the above guidelines to be followed. The final mech size will be 1/4 page, 3" by 4.5" or similar. So each piece will be smaller, naturally.

There will be guidelines as to what each sector will look like, but you have complete freedom to come up with your own design. E.g., I might say I need a light chassis that has a light laser and heat sink vents built into it somewhere. How that exact chassis looks like will be up to you.

I will need a total of 40 pieces (approximately 8 mechs), but each piece will need to be separate and not connected to another piece. I.e., a set of legs is one piece by itself.

Because of the nature of this request, I'm going to keep this open call open for a while, and I would request that you forward to me some examples of similar work. You can contact me either by messaging me here, or by emailing support (at) sacrosanctgames.com

Pay will be $125 via paypal upon receipt of half of the pieces, and an additional $125 (total $250) upon receipt of finals.

Your rights: You can use the pieces in any personal project, including display or portfolio, but please do not resell the images to another party as standalone or part of a clipart set.

My rights: I can use them in any project I'm working on or produce, including the right to manipulate the art pieces (like coloring, etc).

Any questions, please feel free to ask. If the workload is too much, I may split the work in half between two artists. So don't think you can't respond because the work might be too much.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this sort of what you're looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
robins the man.

If you are keeping it open call Rod, are you going to pay seperately for each inidivual mech provided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the mech on the front of the boardtodeath videos for chez geek.
And I am currently doing pretty much the same thing with cartoona (meaning pieces that mix and match and line up). That being said, I like Robin's, they are clean and clear.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/user/384767/phil-of-mars
pvelikan@indy.rr.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Waibel
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Cogentesque wrote:
robins the man.

If you are keeping it open call Rod, are you going to pay seperately for each inidivual mech provided?

I want to keep the open call up until the end of this week, but I can't really break it up per mech. That's because there's only 5 chassis, but say 12 arms for example.

I can, and am perfectly willing, to break it up into two halves if someone thinks they'll only have time do half.

I hope that makes sense.

Rod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just like to say that I can totally do the whole thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I just wanted to say that this job is done now, and to show off some of the work

I've no idea how the game plays, so for all I know these are totally illegal combinations. But they looked cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Starflier wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to say that this job is done now, and to show off some of the work

I've no idea how the game plays, so for all I know these are totally illegal combinations. But they looked cool

They look awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Waibel
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starflier wrote:

Thanks again Robin, you did an awesome job! And if it looks cool, or if it means you have fun, then there is no wrong way of playing

On the first page of my website, I believe I have in bold letters something to the effect of: "Having fun is the #1 priority, so feel free to add, remove, or change any rules to any games."

I'm not a big fan of rules lawyers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.