Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has posted an offer of up to 50 countersheets for SE4X for $14 each. According to the update email once those are gone they will P500 another round of them.

Link

EDIT: Looks like the only way to get them now will be to watch for them on P500 and order that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Countersheet orders (limit of 50)
Each of the 50 available sets includes 4.5 countersheets in a thicker stock. This stock will be the same used in the expansion.

There is also ~1,000 0.5 countersheets available, which only includes more numeral markers and non-player alien ships. This 0.5 countersheet is also in a thicker stock to match the upcoming expansion. That 0.5 countersheet is available at this link:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-384-space-empires-half-countershee...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Patterson
United States
Ringgold
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 49 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Galati
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 48 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
...and another one gone

Thanks for the notice! for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also take note that they said once they run out of the 50 available sets of 4.5 countersheets, they will add it as a P500 item. Once they're ready to ship Close Encounters (the expansion), they will print enough countersheets to fill those P500 orders.

So, there will be no minimum number of P500 orders to get the thicker countersheets printed. However, it may mean waiting a very long time to get those counters if you don't put your money down in that P500 batch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And another one gone ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Between when I put it in my cart and came back from putting my son down for a nap, supplies ran out. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing, was talking to a GMT staff member about P500's and went back to my cart and poof gone yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Between when I put it in my cart and came back from putting my son down for a nap, supplies ran out. soblue

rusty1982 wrote:
Same thing, was talking to a GMT staff member about P500's and went back to my cart and poof gone yuk

That sucks guys, the good news is there's only about 20 more orders until the expansion clears the hurdle so preorders of the sheets shouldn't take horribly long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMT Games
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry about that, guys - those went QUICK!

I just set up a P500 item for the countersheets. Whatever number of orders we get here we'll print when we print the Close Encounters expansions. Note that we don't intend to print a bunch of these to sell to stores, stock long term, etc. So if you want a set, please order here at some point and we'll make sure we get you one when we print CE.

Here's the link to the P500 page for the Countersheet Set:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-385-space-empires-countersheets-re...

Enjoy the games!

Gene
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
Thanks, Gene. That was fast—both the sellout, and the new P500 item. Got my order in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
divedeeper wrote:
[q="HuginnGreiling"]Between when I put it in my cart and came back from putting my son down for a nap, supplies ran out. soblue

rusty1982]Same thing, was talking to a GMT staff member about P500's and went back to my cart and poof gone yuk[/q wrote:

That sucks guys, the good news is there's only about 20 more orders until the expansion clears the hurdle so preorders of the sheets shouldn't take horribly long.

Considering the popularity of the game, not really surprised. Think I was within the first 100 to P500 the expansion anyway.

More money to GMT whistle

P500 placed for counter sheets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Galati
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I was checking my emails when I seen the GMT update. Glad I got my order in on time. That was close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I JUST missed it. Damn long lunch break. Another reason to be glued to BGG 24/7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
brotherjo wrote:
I JUST missed it. Damn long lunch break. Another reason to be glued to BGG 24/7.

My life has changed considerably since I started working from home. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
brotherjo wrote:

My life has changed considerably since I started working from home. arrrh

Stay at home dad here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes it pays to work nights arrrh

Was online when I saw the notice, and got my order in early.

Now I really can't wait for the expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraic Kirby
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got one, I just opened GMT's email seconds after it arrived. Just lucky Friday 13th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex w
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game but sadly yet to play. Do we really need this half sheet to play the game? Or are they just good add-ons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
alexisW wrote:
Got the game but sadly yet to play. Do we really need this half sheet to play the game? Or are they just good add-ons?

There were too few numerical counters for four players in the first printing, if everybody built lots of 1-sized groups - and you couldn't just leave them away while using the higher numbers, because that would give away 1-sized groups.

My own group has adopted the method of writing how big a group is onto the sheet where you keep track of your group's techs anyway - that leaves less clutter on the game board and makes the whole thing slightly less fiddly. And it makes it impossible to have too few numerical counters, because none at all are needed in the first place

Even if you don't do that, you can easily play without the additional half-sheet, particularly with 1-3 players. It doesn't hurt either, but the game is 100% playable without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
unbelievable.. i just found out about this.

By the time I got the GMT e-mail with the news they were already sold out. But I put in the P500 order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT Games wrote:
Yeah, sorry about that, guys - those went QUICK!

I just set up a P500 item for the countersheets. Whatever number of orders we get here we'll print when we print the Close Encounters expansions. Note that we don't intend to print a bunch of these to sell to stores, stock long term, etc. So if you want a set, please order here at some point and we'll make sure we get you one when we print CE.

Here's the link to the P500 page for the Countersheet Set:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-385-space-empires-countersheets-re...

Enjoy the games!

Gene

I have the 2011 edition of this game. Just got it last month, as I wasn't aware that there was a reprint coming (doh). I don't see any 1/2 inch counters, so I am assuming I don't have the upgraded thicker counters either. Not sure if I need to order the P500 4.5 counters or just the 1/2 inch counter sheet. Have yet to play the game, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
I have the 2011 edition of this game. Just got it last month, as I wasn't aware that there was a reprint coming (doh). I don't see any 1/2 inch counters, so I am assuming I don't have the upgraded thicker counters either. Not sure if I need to order the P500 4.5 counters or just the 1/2 inch counter sheet. Have yet to play the game, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Thanks.

You don't have the upgraded counters. You will only 'need' the 4.5 counters if you plan on buying the expansion as the counters would then be a different thickness. You will only 'need' the 0.5 counters if you don't want the 4.5 counters and/or run out of numerical markers during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear - there are no 1/2 inch counters. The reprint has an extra half of a counter sheet filled with numeral markers and alien ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.