Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
90 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Traveller Werewolf - Hijacking of the Bendor Queen - Game over - Evil wins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Traveller Werewolf Game: Hijacking of the Bendor Queen

Each week among the 11,000 worlds of the third Imperium, over 250,000 starships lift off from their worlds and travel through the darkness of space to a spot where gravity is small enough to active their hyperspace drives. After floating in the swirling greyness of jumpspace cut off from the universe for 4 or 5 days very few ships fail to re-materialize, most due to poor maintenance, or combat damage, but there is the occasional hijacking. This is the tale of the Bendor Queen that has just such a challenge to its journey.

This game relives a single voyage of a starship in the Traveller Universe. The Passengers and crew of the starship Bendor Queen are locked into jumpspace for a week. The starship is old and not as well run as ones belonging to the major starship lines. However, there are people who are willing to hijack even a decrepit ship, as its value is still over 80,000,000 Credits....

Will the hijackers prevail? What other secrets are to be found amongst the passengers willing to travel on such a decrepit ship?

This game is a non-standard werewolf game, however there are two teams.

The game will use stats, tasks, and the physics system (more for maintaining chat rooms than anything else). There is no regular lynch.

Each player will be given a public role and a secret victory condition, all of which will tie to one team or the other (one or two may win with either team).

As there are 42 people on board the ship and not that many players, those not chosen will be NPCs which may be given actions by another player or mod controlled.

The roles in this game are public knowledge, when the game starts you can select a role to play. Note that there may be restrictions on people who need to be selected for various plot points, so you may not get your first choice. Participation in this game is important, but some roles require higher levels of participation than others. So send me a GM with your role preference.

Teams:
Each team has two distinct, groups, but they have the same goals.

Wolf Team

This Wolf team wins if all the loyal crew and good passengers are dead, surrendered or are locked up. Both groups win the same way.

Hijackers
There are 7 NPC hijackers who have taken over the engine rooms, these are lead by

Glen Zims - Apparently not a professor of Botany as outlined on the passenger manifest. This player will take control of all the overt hijackers and give movement/commands as required. Glen knows the identity of all the collaborators but has limited communication with them.

Traitor Crew/Evil Passengers (Collaborators)

In addition some of the crew/passengers are also secretly in on the hijacking and are unknown to the rest of the players.
These players will know who some of the other collaborators are, but may not be able to communicate freely with them.

Village Team

The village team wins when all the hijackers are dead or captured. Each village group has additional win conditions however.

Crew
The crew is responsible for the passengers and cargo. If all the crew die, a victory will be moot unless passengers can pilot/navigate/run the ship.

Command:
Captain Cyryl Falcon - Long time spacer who is looking to retire.
First Officer Wilhelmina Maskret - Micromanger who expects the captaincy soon.
Navigator Alden Glendower - Young but jaded crewman.
Pilot Nav Kinum - ex Belter earning money for his next claim
Engineering: (One of these will not be in the game)
Chief engineer Arthur Fingal - Holds the ship together more by force of will than spare parts.
Asst. Engineer Evert Hobart - Efficient assistant, just don't ask him about his religion.
Asst. Engineer Sadler Westcott - An experienced pilot, but with engineering skills.
Steward/Medical:
Medic/Steward Tasker Haldane - Vetern jumptrooper
Steward Proctor Rogers - Expert Gunner likes to blow things up
Steward Vil Thorndike - ex Interior designer

Initially the crew are scattered over the ship.
The crew all share a chat as they all have personal communicators and have security access to the ships systems. A crewman can lock up a passenger (from vote) but not another crewman without the captain's permission.

The crew have an additional victory condition that all the collaborators have to be dealt with. The crew member who fulfills their personal victory condition reduces this number by two.

Passengers
The passengers aren't paying to participate in a hijacking, but realize the consequences if the hijackers win (there will likely be no witnesses).

Mid-Passage:
Garet Evaine - Retired Captain 34th Regiment of Imperial Guards
Lorin Findley - ex Captain Imperial Destroyer Phoenix
Barlow Kenin - Imperial Agent (Courier)
Detidatstlas - Zhodani Courier (Alien)
Arghaz Grurrdzard - Vargr Merchant (Alien)
Yeli Kidh - Xenosectologist
Ejeck Gry - Doctor with three cryopatients
Bhu Ki Tyron - Computer Software Travelling Salesman
Meredith Blair - Doctor (Conference Attendee)
Armand Statson - Marine mustering out.
Barclay Haven - ex Scout
Aaron Grant - Extradition Officer
Lenox Graham - Convict
Taggart Jenkins - Security Consultant
Jepper - Professional Bodybuilder
Rholo Feresti - Archeologist

Hi-Passage:
Larkin Dugal - Professional Hunter
Eric Wolmar - Playboy, Politician
Tanar and Sylven Kiyer (2 roles) - married professors (chair of computing and fellow of robotics research unit)
Uml Harris - Mining company rep.
Anna Hyt - Lottery Winner
Verina Proctor - Model
Barret Wodruff - Verina's assistant
Melissa Aval - Playgirl

Initially the passengers are in one of the two passenger areas. Some passengers may have additional equipment or skills that is of interest to the adventure.

Passengers basically win with the crew, but don't require any of the collaborators to be found/neutralized, however they must fulfill their personal VC.

Overview of the rules

The full rules (how skills and tasks work etc) will be explained when the game starts. The mod can tell you how likely a certain action is or you can be given the numbers and crunch them yourself - how you want to play is up to you.

Overview of the Game

The game is played on a regular day-night cycle. (Which doesn't represent a whole day's passage). Each cycle can have one task executed, but only the day cycle will have a vote.

It will become clear early on that there is no possible way that the hijackers could have taken over the engine room without help from at least one crew member. Also there is likely still passengers on the side of the hijackers and if left alone will be able to greatly help the intrusion. Furthermore it is unlikely that the crew alone will be able to repel the hijackers, so assistance from the passengers is critical. Each day the crew and passengers will have the opportunity to lock up a suspicious crewman/passenger via regular werewolf voting, however only the highest lynch candidate with an armed voter, voting for them will be selected.

At any point in the game there will be several group tasks, some public, some not, some location based that each side will have. Progress of the group tasks will determine how the hijacking is proceeding, however it will likely be combat (group and personal) tasks that determine its completion.

Note: At the start of the game, only the hijackers are armed, though most of the ship combat will be at close quarters and improvised hand-to-hand weapons can be used. This will also limit the number of people who can participate in any combat at one time. There is no Night Kill, however if the hijackers advance through the ship there may be several opportunities to die in combat with them.

Most of the passengers and crew have their own personal agenda, on top of any allegiance to their team. This may generate other personal tasks, which may result in player death.

Tasks
Each player will have individual tasks to complete, there is also group tasks for the hijackers and those resisting them.

Most but not all tasks will be posted in the main thread. Movement is abstracted, but the physics engine will be used to help place players and administer chat rooms.

Some tasks may also be restricted to certain locations (for example the bridge), or a location may make new tasks available to the characters.

Examples of tasks:
Fire at the hijackers: Each player with a weapon can execute a personal combat task.
Close the blast doors: One player can execute a computer task to instruct the ship to close the blast doors, optionally a player may execute a maintenance task to manually close the doors.

It is up to the players to coordinate the group tasks effectively.

I am also looking for an experienced mod to co-mod with me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Traveller Werewolf - Hijacking of the Bendor Queen - in signup
Deck Plans:

Deck 1. Aft is cargo (almost full of shipping containers)
Mid Port is fuel, Mid Starboard is the Pinnace. Forward is Mid Passage, the two corner rooms are lounges.

Deck 2. Aft is Engineering. (Green is open to floor below)
Mid Starboard is Power room. Forward is Hi Passage. The dark area is carpeted loung/corridor area, with large sloping forward viewport.

Deck 3. Aft areas are fuel. (Green is open to floor below).
Forward is crew area, but passenger dining area is semi-isolated at aft of crew section.

Inter-floor transports: Elevator Deck1-Deck2 cargo. Deck1-Deck2-Deck3 Passenger areas. Spiral Staircase. Deck1-Deck2-Deck3 Passenger Areas.
Ramp from deck2 power to deck3 power.

Isometric view of single stateroom (wall removed - chairs not shown). Hi passage has better furniture and its own fresher (washroom), doubles add a second desk and a second bed which can be moved to form a double.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Non plan views of ship. (Does anyone know where I can put a 1Mb data file for the ship?)

View From Engineering

Forward Crew Section

Hi Passage Area

Mid Passage Area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
adiamant
Bakatron
ChickenSedan
Dekal
ElAdoranSureshot
funkadillo
greek2me
Guenhwyvhar
jageroxorz
jamgar
jfro
Kippax
miraria
nyriv
sock_puppet
TheSparky
ZenMonkey11
Ziilch

18 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7504...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have streamlined the rules.

The game will handle anywhere from 16 to 42 people, though the higher numbers would be very awkward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Of all the game ideas you've posted, this is probably the one I'm most looking forward to see run.

Let's save the ship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I woul dlove to play but my limited cassie access at work means i have to bow out of anything that uses the physics system. I am looking forward to reading it though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
I woul dlove to play but my limited cassie access at work means i have to bow out of anything that uses the physics system. I am looking forward to reading it though!

The physics system is more to keep track of people and to co-ordinate chat rooms, player movement is very minimal.

If you are not concerned about not having any access to cassie chats, then the physics part is inconsequential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calling Anna Hyt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This sounds awesome. I'm in.

Is this an original theme or based on something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
funkadillo wrote:
This sounds awesome. I'm in.

Is this an original theme or based on something?

It is based on the Traveller RPG, and is otherwise an original game (though I have borrowed some concepts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Traveller Werewolf - Hijacking of the Bendor Queen - in signup (8/17+)
I'd like to be Meredith Blair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So how is this game not full yet? It crazy how freaking cool it sounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
funkadillo wrote:
So how is this game not full yet? It crazy how freaking cool it sounds.

You see that picture at the top of the thread? That is a view of a 3-D model of the ship that I custom made in google sketch-up just for this game. Primarly so people (me) can visualize the layout better if they feel they need to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Do I need to pick a character now or can I wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Do I need to pick a character now or can I wait?

You can do so now, or wait. I may need to re-jig some choices based on the number of players and their selections, so if you are choosing passenger it might be better to do that in a geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Traveller Werewolf - Hijacking of the Bendor Queen - in signup (13/17+)
A note: If this starts before march 10th I will not be able to play, so please deal me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question:

Do lynch rules mean that a player can only be 'lynched' on d1 if they have an evil voting on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra, but she was so busy with Dead Chat 1500 that she didn't post anything here :|
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
Do lynch rules mean that a player can only be 'lynched' on d1 if they have an evil voting on them?

Ooh, good spot. This could potentially clear a bunch of people on D1. Or good could attempt the all-self-vote plan again and lynch/out an evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
jamgar wrote:

Ooh, good spot. This could potentially clear a bunch of people on D1. Or good could attempt the all-self-vote plan again and lynch/out an evil.

That's what I was thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:
jamgar wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

I think there are several mis-conceptions here.
First there are four/five groups on the two teams...
The hijackers proper are armed, and are advancing through the ship, everyone else starts unarmed.
The hijackers are all NPCs which serve as an objective or perhaps a time deadline.
The evil passengers/traitor crew are the voting evils, who are aligned with the hijackers and who are trying to assist them/prevent the defenders from succeeding. These are the people who need to be secured for the crew VC. They start with no weapons.

Finally the armed lynch rule has several implications, one of which is just because a few people says "hey you are evil", doesn't mean you are going to listen to them, but if they are armed, that is a different story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I cannot stand to look at this appealing lynch deadline without being a part of it any longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Traveller Werewolf - Hijacking of the Bendor Queen - in signup (16/17+)

ElAd, Greek, and Sparks are still alive in 1500, so we won't start until they are good to go (assuming we fill up in short order).

I am off to make the physics descriptions now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Traveller Werewolf - Hijacking of the Bendor Queen - in signup (16/17+)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.