Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried with uthuk 2 days ago to play the cataclysme adventure in solitaire.

I managed pass through almost all the event deck before dying but I was in so bad shape and the event were agressing me so much every turn that I could not even buy a single Gold or Neutral card.

In the dragon lord scenario, the lvl 1 event are not really threathning, it gives the player time to building up things and prepare for battle, but in most other scenarios, you are overwhelmed right from the start and have an hard time catching up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, I won a few times. You need to aggressively cull your deck, first get enough influence to buy demons and ... that other creature that lets you ignore that one event ... and then get to the end with a really slim deck. IIRC one of the events helps you with culling, too, because you can choose between getting rid of cards (which sometimes really hurts, too) and taking wounds.

The couple of times I won I did so with a final deck of 5-8 cards only, all of which were strong attacks.

My main trouble with this scenario is mostly that there is exactly one strategy that works and it's the same with every faction (more or less).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, just tried it today twice (both with the undead archer deck): loss, then win. As posted previously, needed to greatly cull the deck -- with lucky attrition rolls and by having that level-2 event (the one that allows you to discard 8 IP worth of cards) repeatedly get shuffled into the event deck. That, plus the 2 demons and some other stuff, made it easy to kill that final enemy that had been hanging around. Of course, needed some luck to get there: have enough strength in hand at the right time, to fight off the instant which attacks with strength 6+IP. But it seems that's the nature of solo/coop games ... need some luck of the draw to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But undead archer's ability are only usefull against other players. So you mostly used them for their value and the possibility for your necromancer to summon them up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I misspoke: not archer -- Reanimate. I used them early in the game to win the small battles, then "Chapeled" them and my money cards out of my deck once I had bought better units. Similarly, I conquered the 2 neutral cities early to finance my demon purchases, then voluntarily destroyed them to lower the strength of the level 2 event (strength 6+IP)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.