Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
A Voss minion's card reads "this card deals the hero with the most ongoing cards 3 sonic damage."

If all heroes have zero ongoing cards, who receives the damage? No one or players choose one since they are all equal at zero?

I am assuming that it means "most ongoing cards (in play)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Players' choice - someone has to take the hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this apply to all cards that do damage? If two heroes are tied with the most HP, do the heroes choose who gets hit? What if the HP tie is between the heroes and a villain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
Does this apply to all cards that do damage? If two heroes are tied with the most HP, do the heroes choose who gets hit? What if the HP tie is between the heroes and a villain?

It applies to all such situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a realated note, if 0 is a valid value for the hero with the MOST ongoing cards, is it also a valid value for the hero with the LEAST hp?

That is, if a minion damages the hero with the least hitpoints, does this damage go to an incapacitated character?

I don't think it should, but I had trouble trying to explain why having no cards is somehow different than having no hitpoints, especially after another player pointed out that the rules still refer to them as heroes, and therefore should be "the hero with the least hitpoints".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
I BELIEVE it's because a "target" is defined in the glossary as something with hp, and once you are incapacitated, you flip your card over and you no longer have hps. I mean that they aren't physically printed on that side of the card. Hence, you are no longer a "target".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't work though, since current hitpoint totals don't change when a card is flipped, except in the case of Baron Blade, which specifically says so.

The rules say that a hero is left with his incapacitated side up when he has 0 or less hp. It also says he cannot regain hp. I can't find anything saying he can not be targeted because he has -5 hp (for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
That doesn't work though, since current hitpoint totals don't change when a card is flipped, except in the case of Baron Blade, which specifically says so.

The rules say that a hero is left with his incapacitated side up when he has 0 or less hp. It also says he cannot regain hp. I can't find anything saying he can not be targeted because he has -5 hp (for example).

Reflexively that just sounds like crazy talk. So once all the heroes are incapacitated the Villain just keeps pounding on them indefintely?

Come on... That would be a neverending time loop of reality paradox.

To think I have lost say - 18 games of SotM, which means there are instances of those 18 games continuing to playout today, with the incapacitated heroes trying desperately to use assist powers to reduce the Villain HP... crazy - but possible?

In a world of comic book superheroes... I think so!

I suppose the Villains with situational end game conditions have a lot more time on their hands, huh...

Edit: Heros is actually Heroes - get's me every time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.