Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
6.1 g Immigrants

Saber Tooth Cats DNA = PAA
Prey Suitability 14.1 makes it not able to eat Ruminant Bison DNA = BGGP as it does not match anything on that list. Not 14.1 a, b, c, d, or e.

This goes for Humans too; as well as Bear-dogs and Terminator Pigs.
None of these can eat the Ruminant Bison because they are not suited to eat it. But it seems like some of these Predators would be able to eat a Bison in the real world. You can get bison burgers at some grocery stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Predators only need to match Prey roadrunner DNA, not dietary DNA. So, yes, just about everyone can eat bison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Predators don't need to match any of the prey's DNA except roadrunner (red) DNA. Since the Bison has no roadrunner DNA, it's a tasty snack for the Saber Tooth Cats. I mean really, what kind of simulationist game would it be if a Saber Tooth can't eat a bison?!

The dietary DNA (blue text) is only used to determine edibility of biomes for herbivores. The only time non-roadrunner DNA matters for a predator is if they're competing against other predators, when P DNA might be contested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PghArch wrote:
Predators only need to match Prey roadrunner DNA, not dietary DNA. So, yes, just about everyone can eat bison.

...if he is the correct size, i.e. prey size +/- 1. Just mention it because I forgot sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
PghArch wrote:

...if he is the correct size, i.e. prey size +/- 1. Just mention it because I forgot sometimes.

Good reminder, Lutz - note this only applies to player Predators as Immigrant Predators always match the size of their prey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.