Subject: BSG Express 3 – Flight of the Lawless rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG Express 3 – Flight of the Lawless
Welcome to the second PBF game of derrickec’s Battlestar Galactica Express! We will be trying out some variations on the base rules that I suggest here and here.

First, please make sure you read the rules as posted by derrickec on the Geek. I will do a brief overview of the rules I am changing in the post following this one.

General Rules about this PBF
d10-1 For ease of reading the forums, I require that all players post with their character’s banner at the top of every post they make. If you are in a hurry or are posting from a non-ideal location (mobile device, etc.), please at least put your name at the top of the post underlined. I would appreciate if you would later go back and update the post with a banner.

The banners are inserted by typing “[ImageID=number medium]” at the start of each forum post, where ‘number’ are the numbers as follows:

– 544211
– 554203
– 554207

– 544209
– 544202
– 544205

– 544204
– 544208
– 544206

– 544210

d10-2 Because I am moderating other PBF games, please use the following subject title for posts sent to me. I will do the same in return:
Format wrote:
BSG Ex3 (Character_Name) Turn – Description
Example wrote:
BSG Ex2 (Roslin) 1.1 – Crisis Roll

This just makes it so much easier for me to dig through my mailbox and find the posts involving this game.

d10-3 Public COs are not permitted.
All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia).

d10-4 Do not quote or link to other posts that happened a page or more ago, but use your own words to describe what you think happened. Funny posts with lots of in-character images are greatly encouraged. I often tip a couple of geek pennies for amazing posts due to great storytelling, amusing antidotes, or making me laugh so hard I faint.

d10-5 When we are about to start a check, I will post a skill check token (it’s a quote box; you’ll know it when you see it) for players to respond whether or not they would like to play or pass. In order to speed up play, players do not need to wait until it is their turn to declare whether or not they intend to play or pass into this skill check. If a player wishes to see what the players before him/her are going to do, that is perfectly acceptable. Once we get to the actual skill check where we’re rolling dice, we will go in order or player turn, starting to the person on the current player’s left.

d10-6 COs are greatly encouraged!
While you may not make Public COs, please, please, please CO me anything you know you will do when it is your turn to act (Pass/Play in a skill check, how to resolve die rolls, etc.). Here’s an example of what I’m looking for:

(This is for Roslin, who is going last in a Skill Check):
”BSG Ex2 (Roslin) 1.3 – Turn CO” wrote:
If I am the target of an Executive Order, I will roll to Destroy Raiders, submitting only one positive die, preferring to submit a Weak die over a Strong die.
Please have me Play into this skill check.
If after rolling I am able to pass the skill check, please add in the lowest number of total dice possible, preferring to submit Weak dice over Strong dice.
If after rolling I am unable to pass the skill check, submit the single highest-valued die that I rolled, preferring to submit Weak die over Strong die. I will then wait to see what the result is before further acting.

d10-7 I have built a spreadsheet that helps me keep track of the game. It rolls all the dice for us (as you cannot roll dice in GeekMail posts. If you need to roll dice secretly, I will send you a GeekMail containing your roll.

d10-8 You must check in at least once per day, preferably more, unless you notify the group beforehand. If you know you will be gone, please inform the group so we don’t have to worry that you’ve disappeared. However, on the weekends, this rule will be much less strict - I'm much less tied to a computer on the weekends, so I also check in less frequently during these times.

d10-9 General PBF things…
Please use the following text typography conventions:
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff - love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images: Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Lastly, to make things easier on myself, I will refer to all players by your character name.

d10-0 Unless you let me know otherwise, if a Human player ever retrieve skill dice, you will retrieve as many Strong dice as you can first, and then retrieve Weak dice after that. The opposite will be true for revealed Cylon players (Weak before Strong).

Interersted in playing?
Invites are open for this game. If you would like to play, please either post in this forum or send me a geekmail.
I will open this game up to 7 players. If we have more interest than that, I will start a second game.

When you post stating that you are interested in playing, please also specify whether you'd prefer to play the game as printed or a game including my added characters, titles, and few other tweaks (as listed below). Also indicate if you are not willing to play a standard game or a variant game. (So, post both which one you'd prefer to play and if you would be willing to play the other version.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the proposed changes for the Variant version of the game. Consider it the first playtest of the first expansion for BSG Express!

Rules Changes
Everything listed here is an alteration to the base game rules. If it is not listed, we will play according to the rules as printed.

Characters
We will play with an entirely new set of characters. They are as follows:

Quote:
Adama
Inspirational Leader- All -1 dice submitted on crisis checks on Adama's turn count as 0 Strength.
Command Authority- Once per game, Adama may retrieve all his dice after a skill check.
Emotionally Attached- The Call a Vote action may not be used on Adama's turn.

Tigh
Cylon Hatred- When a player Calls a Vote, you may choose to reduce the difficulty by 2.
Declare Martial Law - Action: Once per game, give the President title to the Adimral.
Alcoholic - If at the start of a skill check Tigh has only one active die, he must contribute to the skill check.

Helo
ECO Officer - During your turn, after rolling your dice for an action, you may reroll all your active dice instead of submitting them.
Moral Compass - Once per game, after a player has revealed their choice of Crisis resolution, you may force them to choose the other Crisis die.
Stranded - On your first turn, you may not take an Action. You still roll a Crisis on your turn.

Roslin
Religious Visions - When you roll the Crisis dice, instead of submitting one, you may reroll them. You may only do this once on your turn.
Skilled Politician - Once per game, after a Demoralized, Galactica Damage, or Raider token is from the board, remove a second token of the same type.
Terminal Illness - After each jump, Roslin does not retrieve spent skill dice.

Baltar
Delusional Intuition - At the end of each Crisis skill check that does not result in advancing the Jump Preparation marker, you may retrieve one skill die.
Cylon Detector - Action: Once per game, you may look at all Loyalty Cards belonging to any player.
Coward - You start the game with 2 Loyalty Cards (instead of 1).

Zarek
Friends in Low Places - When a player uses the Call a Vote action, you may immediately retrieve all your spent skill dice.
Unconventional Tactics - Action: Once per game, remove any Demoralized, Galactica Damage, or Raider token from the board. Then, draw a Demoralized, Galactica Damage, or Raider token and place it on the board.
Convicted Criminal - You may not perform an Action that was performed on the previous player's turn.

Apollo
Alert Viper Pilot - On your turn, if you Attack Raiders, retrieve one spent skill die after attacking.
CAG - Action: Once per game, you may Attack Raiders twice.
Headstrong - Each time a Crisis fails that you did not participate in, you must discard one skill die.

Starbuck
Expert Pilot - On your turn, if your first action is to Attack Raiders and you submit only one die, you may take a second action.
Secret Destiny - Once per game, immediately after a player reveals the Crisis, you may roll both Crisis dice and select a new Crisis.
Insubordinate - When a player chooses you with the Call a Vote action, reduce the difficulty by 2.

Boomer
Recon - At the end of her turn, Boomer may immediately retrieve one spent skill die.
Mysterious Intuition - Once per game, before deciding who will play into the skill check, choose the result (Pass or Fail), instead of resolving it normally.
Sleeper Agent - During the Sleeper Agent Phase, you are dealt 2 Loyalty Cards.

Tyrol
Maintenance Engineer - During your turn, after taking the Repair Galactica action, you may immediately retrieve all dice spent on this action.
Blind Devotion - Once per game, after players have announced whether they will play into a skill check, Chief may force a player to pass and not contribute to this skill check. That player does not retrieve any spent skill dice.
Reckless - At the end of every turn, if Chief has no spent skill dice, he must immediately discard one.

Titles
The Admiral title changes slightly in regards to jumps. There is now a President title, a CAG title, and a Chief title.

Quote:
Admiral
The Admiral title does not change, except that the jump distances will be much shorter. Results of +3 or +4 will be treated as 2-distance rolls, and results of +1 or +2 will b treated as 1-distance rolls. Thus, the fleet may only jump a maximum of 2-distance each turn. In this implementation, I will make special 'distance dice' that reflect this change (so they will have sides of -2, -2, -1, -1, +1, +2).
Chain of Command: Adama, Tigh, Helo, Apollo, Starbuc,, Boomer, Tyrol, Zarek, Baltar, Roslin

President
If you take the Boost Morale action, you may sumbit up to 2 positive dice. If you do, you may remove 2 Demoralized tokens from the board.
Order of Succession: Roslin, Baltar, Zarek, Apollo, Adama, Helo, Tyrol, Boomer, Tigh, Starbuck

CAG
If you take the Attack Raiders action, you may reroll any number of your dice after rolling for your action. (Clarification: You do not have to reroll all of them, only the ones you choose to reroll.)
CAG Line of Succession: Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer, Helo, Adama, Tigh, Tyrol, Zarek, Baltar, Roslin

Chief
If you take the Repair Galactica action, you may sumbit up to 2 positive dice. If you do, you may remove 2 Damage tokens from Galactica.
Order of Promotion: Tyrol, Boomer, Starbuck, Baltar, Helo, Apollo, Zarek, Tigh, Adama, Roslin

Actions
The following are changes to the Actions as listed in the rules:

Quote:
Boost Morale
If a player fails to submit a positive die when making a Boost Morale action, that player is Demoralized (instead of drawing a random Demoralized token). If that player is already Demoralized, there is no further penalty. This prevents excessive Cylon abuse of bad Boost Morale actions.

Quote:
Call a Vote / The Brig
There is no longer a 'Brig'. A successful Vote will now Execute a player.

If that player was Human, that player chooses a new character, that new character comes into play Demoralized, and the player starts with 1 Weak and 1 Strong die already spent. If the game has yet to hit the Sleeper phase, that character's Loyalty card is shuffled back into the deck and he is dealt a new one. If the game is after the Sleeper phase, that character does not get a new Loyalty card and is considered Human.

If that player was a Cylon, they reveal their loyalty card (and do not fulfill the text stated there), remove 1 Weak and 1 Strong die from their pool from the game, and place their remaining two dice in the reserves. At that point, they now have 0 Active dice.

Other Rules
Quote:
Setup
At the start of the game, all players (other than the starting player) have 2 Strong and 1 Weak die as Active. The other remaining Weak die is considered spent. The starting player begins his turn with all dice as Active dice.

Quote:
Jumps
See above under Admiral Title for changes in Destination Dice.

After each jump, each player only retrieves 1 die, instead of all dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be down to join in on this again. Looking forward to checking out the expanded set of characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to play, expanded character set, particularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to all those who join in! I'm going to sit this one out, but I think I'll be in on the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
...Nobody else wants in on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to wait at least a week, but it seems interest is a bit low. I'll change the forum title... that may get people interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Ivywell
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Re: BSG Express 3 – Flight of the Lawless (Looking for players!)
I would be happy to join in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkLords wrote:
I would be happy to join in.

Woot! I think that puts as at four interested players. Hoping a couple more jump in soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ferris
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in playing, if this is still coming together. I've studied the previous two games closely (as well as a number of regular BSG PBFs), though I haven't played a PBF yet.

I'm definitely interested in playing with the new characters and rule tweaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you would be our fifth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Since we've had much less of an uproar than I anticipated (or was hinted at to me), I'm going to go ahead and start this one! Random turn order:

david707: 1d100 = (77) = 77
TheDarkLords: 1d100 = (68) = 68
solclaim: 1d100 = (64) = 64
nickferris: 1d100 = (58) = 58
Dexter345: 1d100 = (37) = 37

david707, you are up first for character selection!

Note on character selection: you are not required to select characters from the 3 groups evenly like in traditional BSG. You may choose anyone you like (as long as someone hasn't already chosen them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 98903. Ripshawd
  • 1d100 =
  • (37) =
  • Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 pm
  • [+]
  • 98904. Ripshawd
  • 1d100 =
  • (64) =
  • [+]
  • 98905. Ripshawd
  • 1d100 =
  • (77) =
  • [+]
  • 98906. Ripshawd
  • 1d100 =
  • (68) =
  • [+]
  • 98907. Ripshawd
  • 1d100 =
  • (58) =
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Geek's d100 always hates me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb

Ripshawd wrote:

Since we've had much less of an uproar than I anticipated (or was hinted at to me), I'm going to go ahead and start this one! Random turn order:

david707: Ripshawd previously rolled 1d100 = (77) = 77
TheDarkLords: Ripshawd previously rolled 1d100 = (68) = 68
solclaim: Ripshawd previously rolled 1d100 = (64) = 64
nickferris: Ripshawd previously rolled 1d100 = (58) = 58
Dexter345: Ripshawd previously rolled 1d100 = (37) = 37

david707, you are up first for character selection!

Note on character selection: you are not required to select characters from the 3 groups evenly like in traditional BSG. You may choose anyone you like (as long as someone hasn't already chosen them).

I'll take Adama.
Because I want to be admiral
Edit: Fixed Banner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Ivywell
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mb

I shall play Zarek.

"I want to set this fleet on a path to freedom; I want to deliver unto them the liberty we've promised."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll take Boomer.

Because I want to take a new character. Although I'll most likely get brigged executed right after the Sleeper phase before I even do anything...

[edit: forgot about the change to brig/execute... maybe I should rethink my choice?

Nah...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quick question on Boomer's OPG, just to clarify.

Once per game, Boomer can just up and say "We pass (or fail) this one" without anyone having to roll? Does it have to be her turn? And I assume that "action" means specifically a player's action, not a crisis, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang. I was gonna take Boomer. Guess I will have to come up with another pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Dang. I was gonna take Boomer. Guess I will have to come up with another pick.

Oh, sorry about that. You're right, the dice do hate you. shake

By the way, Ripshawd, you can probably change the thread title to drop the Looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
By the way, Ripshawd, you can probably change the thread title to drop the Looking for...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ferris
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry for the delay. I was Tighed up in a meeting.

Oh, don't mind me. And definitely don't mind my finger on this "Open Airlock Door" button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great, looks like the XO's already hitting the sauce pretty heavy. Hopefully the Old Man will be able to keep him reined in.

And the convicted-terrorist-pretending-to-be-respectable...

We're frakked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll take Tyrol, then. We need a good engineer around these parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah, what a relief, the chief is here. At least there's someone besides the Old Man I can count on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.