Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: $1 booster packs at Dollar Tree stores rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gladys Wallflower
msg tools
For those that live in the United States and are familiar with Dollar Tree stores, I found that they sell LOTR TCG booster packs there. I picked up 18 boosters for $18!

I'm not sure if this is specific to DT stores in my area (northern IL) but at least DT does carry LOTR stuff. The booster packs I mostly picked up were for the Return of the King set, with some Mines of Moria and Ents of Fangorn mixed in.

I find it odd that not a single comic book store carries this tcg yet I'm able to find them cheap at a dollar store! I recommend new players or people trying to build up their collection to check the local DT stores for cheap packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason no comic book stores carry it is because it is out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladys Wallflower
msg tools
Yes, I definitely know the game is out of print! But a few comic book stores I visit always carry out of print CCGs/TCGs. I'm wondering where these dollar stores get these cards from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hill's Wholesale Gaming (www.wholesalegaming.biz), I expect. I understand Hills bought out what remained after Decipher cratered.

RotK was on sale last year for ~$12 a booster box (IIRC occasional sales @$9). Even at $1 a booster, that's not a bad profit for Dollar Stores... and it's not a bad deal for gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.