Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew G
United States
Thiells
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have GoT original and the CoK expansion. Now, I still have not had the pleasure of playing them even after owning them for quite some time. BUT since the TV show had hit, finally some friends began to listen to me so I know Winter Is Coming. BUT now they have this sweet new-fangled edition and I'm afflicted with an awful case of gottahavethebestedition-itis. Is it REALLy worthwhile? Because as I type this I have to keep hiding my own wallet from myself. Also I really do hope they make it easier to get the SoS expansion. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Daly
Scotland
Glasgow
Select
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fella,
My reccomendation to you is play 1rst edition first,work out if it's a game you and your friends enjoy/want to play again etc.Give it a few plays.Then work out if the 2nd edition is worth the cost.

As the main purchaser of games for my group I have in the past read about a game,watched countless videos about said game,purchased said game then bought expansions for said game before even getting it to the table,only to find that said game was negotiably unenjoyable or let's face it downright "Cak" (Scottish for Rubbish) for our group (Runebound is a classic example)

This hobby of ours costs money.We're probably always gonna part with that money,BUT you've got the 1rst editions,it's a great game it's always been a great game,thematicaly perfect,backstabbidly amazing,people have been negotiating then skrewing their friends over for 10 years with the 1rst.Find out if it works for you THEN splash the cash,you'll only enjoy the 2nd edition more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew G
United States
Thiells
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are absolutely right. I feel better about it, and the urge to spend has passed....for now.devil Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
...Whenever I'm confronted with the should I buy or not issue, I typically sleep on it and if I still want it in the morning, it's mine. devil.

I can just see Ari's game looking longingly at him and whispering, "Will you still love me in the morning?"
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.