Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finalized a trade that will bring Grind to my home so I'm very excited. I've only played it once and I remember one question I had:

Is there any way to stop a grinder that is being thrown? The rulebook mentions stopping the grinder with a jack with a control arm, but it says the grinder needs to be within the jack's reach. Is a grinder going over a jack's head considered 'in reach?'

If there's no way to intercept a thrown grinder, then throwing seems like a very effective way to score!

Thanks for any help.

Just saw in the rulebook under 'Throw' that momentum and stopping rules apply as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
I just finalized a trade that will bring Grind to my home so I'm very excited. I've only played it once and I remember one question I had:

Is there any way to stop a grinder that is being thrown? The rulebook mentions stopping the grinder with a jack with a control arm, but it says the grinder needs to be within the jack's reach. Is a grinder going over a jack's head considered 'in reach?'

If there's no way to intercept a thrown grinder, then throwing seems like a very effective way to score!

Thanks for any help.

Just saw in the rulebook under 'Throw' that momentum and stopping rules apply as normal.

Had much the same question but this doesn't answer it for me.
If opponents Jack is behind pillar and grinder is travelling over pillar after throw can he stop it, if he does where does grinder go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.