Navia Dratp» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blocked movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to this game, I've only read the rules and should soon receive a complete starter set with 14 Maseitais and 2 Navias.

But something is unclear for me, so please tell me if I'm right or wrong :

When moving on a yellow square indicated on his black or red compass, a Maseitai can not be blocked by a Battle Piece.

He may be blocked only during an unlimited movement (solid red arrow) and when he Bounces.

I'm confused because the faq says:

Q:Can a Maseitai move to any yellow square indicated on its compass, even if there are Battle Pieces in intervening squares?
A: Yes, as long as you are not using Enhanced Movement.

But as I read the rules, when a compass is rotated, any new yellow square on the grid is part of the Enhanced Movement: Enhanced Movement is not only the unlimited movement indicated by the red arrows.

But I feel the faq talk only about the "Solid red arrow" movement (Bouncing included) when talking about Enhanced Movement.

An example: the enhanced movement of Troll gives him 4 new yellow reachable squares, 2 spaces away from him. He can't be blocked when reaching one of them, right ?

One last thing:

Hamulus Garuda may diagonally move up to two spaces away without being blocked.

His Enhanced movement gives him the power to diagonally move an unlimited amount of spaces, but he loses the capacity of moving diagonally two spaces away without being blocked, as those 4 squares are not yellow anymore on his red compass. He still may reach them via his diagonally unlimited movement, but he may be blocked by a diagonally adjacent Battle Piece.
Right ?

Sorry for my poor english, and thanks in advance for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In both cases, you are correct in your interpretation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Koff
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey King,
Welcome to Navia Dratp!
This rulebook should answer most of your questions
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/54306/navia-dratp-2010...
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.