Subject: When do you remove other player's pieces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"So long, play actor!"
mbmbmbmbmb
This only seems to be an issue in 3 or 6 player games, where a player could potentially place an additional piece after reaching the required number of pilgrim placements (4) that would allow them to remove a piece from the board. For example (Note, I'm using the terms "piece" and "pilgrim" interchangeably):

In a 6 player game, on Red's turn they are able to place 4 pilgrims legally. Red then sees that they can also place a 5th pilgrim legally, but have placed the required 4 in order to be able to remove a piece. Can Red wait to remove a piece until after they've placed their fifth pilgrim, or do they have to do so (if they choose to) right after they've placed the required number?

I ask because the removal of pieces may have an impact on whether further pilgrim placement is legal or illegal, depending on which pieces are removed.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
touchstonethefool wrote:
This only seems to be an issue in 3 or 6 player games, where a player could potentially place an additional piece after reaching the required number of pilgrim placements (4) that would allow them to remove a piece from the board. For example (Note, I'm using the terms "piece" and "pilgrim" interchangeably):

In a 6 player game, on Red's turn they are able to place 4 pilgrims legally. Red then sees that they can also place a 5th pilgrim legally, but have placed the required 4 in order to be able to remove a piece. Can Red wait to remove a piece until after they've placed their fifth pilgrim, or do they have to do so (if they choose to) right after they've placed the required number?

I ask because the removal of pieces may have an impact on whether further pilgrim placement is legal or illegal, depending on which pieces are removed.

Thanks!

Hi, Keith.

The removal rule is triggered AFTER the placement rule (that's how we play), but I'm asking the designer. Be right back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed. However, the rulebook will be updated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"So long, play actor!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, Nestor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.