Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Troyes» Forums » Rules

Subject: To activate a card, you need three identically colored dice, correct? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Except for pilgrimage, to use an action card, you must use one, two or three dice--and if it's more than one, they must all be the same color (the one prescribed by the card), correct?

I ask because BGA allows you to use any set of three dice on any card so long as one die is the prescribed color. I am reporting it as a bug, assuming I'm right that the rule is not being followed correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All your dice need to be the same color, with the exception of one card I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
That's what I thought.

Reading through the rules, it seems to me the rulebook is actually not clear on this point--it only specifies that white dice "are necessary" to activate white cards. This is compatible with the possiblity that a white die and a yellow die together could activate a card.

But one card's in-game text (the Pilgrimage card) does explicitly state that it is the only one allowing multi-colored dice sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The rules are quite clear on this point:

Page V wrote:
Each action requires using a group of 1 to 3 dice of the same color, and those dice come from one or more of the city square’s 5 districts.

In addition, the Events say this: "the type of dice you must use to combat the event"

And the cheat sheet reiterates it under Pilgrimage as you indicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The rules are quite clear on this point:

Page V wrote:
Each action requires using a group of 1 to 3 dice of the same color, and those dice come from one or more of the city square’s 5 districts.

In addition, the Events say this: "the type of dice you must use to combat the event"

And the cheat sheet reiterates it under Pilgrimage as you indicated.

Right you are. I missed it as I was reading the subsection "Activate an activity card." Thanks for finding the reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.