Popular Tags: [View All]
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently Play testing Scenario 1.
With that said I am having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the basic activation.

Let me know if I am correct in my thinking......

Scenario 1 I start as Nomads, I picked my 5 tiles and i kick off my turn by activating Franck Einstein. I turn him 90 degrees and assign him one order tile. Now because I see I need to move 3 spaces before I can reach the door, I decide to place 1 command point on a move order that has a 1. Here is my first big question, can I now in the same breath also place another CP on the close combat order of the same tile I just placed? Regardless once done placing my CP I then carry out my orders correct?

If I am able to place multiple CP down on one order tile in the same breath then is it up to me what I execute first.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
yes you can do all what you said

you can no play 2 tiles in one activation or exceed your cp max for a turn but how you play cp is up to you. You can play cp one at a time to keep some mystery about what you are doing too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response...

So after I make my moves ect... My round is over and it starts round two for the other player activation one character and performing the actions...

This continues until we both pass, then moving us into the final phase correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
correct, with the exception of interrupts which occur only on the coloured cp values on the order tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent. I love how this came eases you into the rule set! I figure I will understand the color codes in a later scenario!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, red and yellow will be bundled together for interrupts in scenario 2 (duel) and only in a very late scenario (9) will the distinction between red and yellow be revealed, when you get the option of having characters help each other doing something really difficult, by combining actions and pooling their dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brooklynknight wrote:
Regardless once done placing my CP I then carry out my orders correct?

Are you paying for multiple of your orders before resolving them? The right way is to pay CP for and resolve one order before paying for the next order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
brooklynknight wrote:
Regardless once done placing my CP I then carry out my orders correct?

Are you paying for multiple of your orders before resolving them? The right way is to pay CP for and resolve one order before paying for the next order.

I agree, conditionally. Mostly it's to your benefit to pay for your orders one at a time so you don't tip your hand to your opponent before you absolutely have to.
But sometimes it's a good idea to pay all before carrying the orders out.
The best example is movement, since if you get interrupted during your move, and wounded, you will finish your move with your old movement stat if you had paid in advance. If not, you will pay for additional movement with your reduced movement stat.
Sometimes you want to move carefully and see if anyone gets in your way, other times you want to make your best run for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.