Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when there is only one card available in the discard pile and someone needs or wants to make two discard draws?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read it on this thread
What happens when you burn through the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
merc007 wrote:

I don't think that topic is what the OP is asking about. That was in regards to the draw pile running out.

To answer OP's question. The second action would not be taken and would "fizzle" with no effect because it cannot be completed. I find this comes up quite a bit and it can be annoying.

One thing I don't think was mentioned in the rules (please correct me if I am wrong) but IS in the video is to flip ONE card into the discard pile for EACH player before the game. So if there are 4 players you'd flip 4 cards into the discard pile, 3 players 3, and 2 players 2. This helps a little bit in the beginning but the discard pile can still get depleted. The beginning of turn flip one mechanism also helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
merc007 wrote:

I don't think that topic is what the OP is asking about. That was in regards to the draw pile running out.

To answer OP's question. The second action would not be taken and would "fizzle" with no effect because it cannot be completed. I find this comes up quite a bit and it can be annoying.

One thing I don't think was mentioned in the rules (please correct me if I am wrong) but IS in the video is to flip ONE card into the discard pile for EACH player before the game. So if there are 4 players you'd flip 4 cards into the discard pile, 3 players 3, and 2 players 2. This helps a little bit in the beginning but the discard pile can still get depleted. The beginning of turn flip one mechanism also helps.

Exactly... after the initial pulls (in 2-3 player games so far), there's only 1 card in the discard pile. (To be fair, we don't use the "wild card/discard" power often, which would feed the discard pile.)

But that's a problem with the rules, not a problem with our play style. Clearly, it's an OPTION to use wild/discard - so the fact that we don't & it impacts the discard draw (2 pips) action has to be dealt w/in some sort of official way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.