Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

On page 15 of the just released rulebook there's a part about wizards being damaged because a wall is destroyed next to them.

I don't find anything about this in the rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the card of Spell. You take 2 damage if your are adjacent to a wall that is destroyed by the spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
It's on the card of Spell. You take 2 damage if your are adjacent to a wall that is destroyed by the spell.
This rule is on _every_ damaging spell??? I mean, most of them can crack walls with enough energy.

Or is there a spell just for bursting walls??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Zalco wrote:
This rule is on _every_ damaging spell??? I mean, most of them can crack walls with enough energy.

Or is there a spell just for bursting walls??

The only place I have read it was on card for the "Destroy Wall" spell. I haven't seen damage due destroyed walls on any other card, but then again I haven't read all the text for all the spells. I wan't to save some for when I play the game for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. DESTROY WALL is the only card that causes damage to bystanders. If you destroy a wall using "cracks" it doesn't do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a new rule which is a good addition to the previous Chessex version.

Cheers,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
The destroying wall affects anyone "adjacent" to the the wall... in the rules they talk about "adjacent" including diagonal. Does that mean that the wall explosion affects all the six spaces around it, regardless of other walls present... Or is it just the two spaces on either side of the wall...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
oldschoolgamr wrote:
Or is it just the two spaces on either side of the wall...?

I was wondering the same and decided to play it with only the 2 spaces on either side of the wall, but that was just our guess. I'd like an answer on that too.

Also, I've been wondering does anyone actually break walls by just damaging it a bunch? I feel like that would take you a few turns at least and by that time you could have just gone around or something, and if you COULD do that much damage at once you'd probably want to save it for an enemy wizard. I haven't seen all the spells in the game yet but it just seems impractical, no one even bothered shooting at walls just to add one crack to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wait until you get stuck in a closet. Those little pockets do a great job of holding both treasures and treasure thieves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.