7 Posts

Dungeon Run» Forums » General

Subject: Boss Lair....or just the last tile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcelo Arnas
Brazil
flag msg tools
In our last game (4 players), right after the boss Lair was revealed, the firt player summoned the boss on his own tile, very close of the dungeon entrance (and the other 3 players were near the boss lair tile). So he killed it in 2 turns and u guys know the rest...

Anyway..I like the idea of a REAL boss lair...like in RPG games, when u have to cross the whole dungeon to finally get there...in the BOSS ROOM!!! Whats the point of having a boss lair if the boss is not on his lar? I think we should just call it "the last tile".

What do u guys think about avoiding the boss from roaming? Ok..do u wanna kill the boss? Go to his lair... opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a red tile which is the boss lair. However, as bosses can teleport during roaming, it most likely won't stay long there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Arnas
Brazil
flag msg tools
U didnt get the point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping
Singapore
Portland
OREGON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. However, if there is a player with the boss, he won't roam. So you can try to be there when his Liar is revealed and be the one to kill him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the best of both worlds, you could house rule it to say that the Boss can only roam from his lair after he has survived at least one attack against him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you summon a boss? What does that mean? I thought you had to kill the boss the get the summoning stone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyLikesGames wrote:
How do you summon a boss? What does that mean? I thought you had to kill the boss the get the summoning stone.

They mean "teleport". If no one is on the same tile as the Boss, after all the players have their turns, if no one is on the same tile as the Boss, the First Player gets to "roam" the Boss, by moving them to any tile. If they're feeling strong, they can move the Boss to their own tile so they will be able to kill it. If they've planned that ahead of time, they may well be sitting right next to the exit.

Which means if you're not near the exit, and you come across the Boss Lair ... you need to make sure folks are fighting the Boss so it can't be snatched by some scumbag who is waiting by the exit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.