Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swedish Puerto Rico cost 300 SEK.

German anniversary edition cost about the same.

English anniversary edition cost about 700 SEK .. (80 euro)

If I buy the original no-one would have any issue with the language, but a more chrome one for the same price is an alternative.

The 700 sek anniversary edition isn't an option since it's a rip off as always. I should buy all games in German and refresh my language / learn it better I suppose. English game prices suck =p

If I go with the original there wouldn't be any issues but it wouldn't look as good (whatever that matters is a different story.)

What do you suggest?

Many of the buildings and workers will be fairly obvious, finding out what they do will obviously be less convenient but I guess I could make some players guide and laminate them for new players until they know what each thing is anyway or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
If you create player aids in Swedish a German version should be playable well, I think. But you should have a rulebook that you can understand well. Can you download and print an English or Swedish rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not.

But I really wonder if "more shiny components but in a weird language" really is better than "butt-ugly components but all easily comprehended"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Swedish Puerto Rico cost 300 SEK.

German anniversary edition cost about the same.

English anniversary edition cost about 700 SEK .. (80 euro)

If I buy the original no-one would have any issue with the language, but a more chrome one for the same price is an alternative.

The 700 sek anniversary edition isn't an option since it's a rip off as always. I should buy all games in German and refresh my language / learn it better I suppose. English game prices suck =p

If I go with the original there wouldn't be any issues but it wouldn't look as good (whatever that matters is a different story.)

What do you suggest?

Many of the buildings and workers will be fairly obvious, finding out what they do will obviously be less convenient but I guess I could make some players guide and laminate them for new players until they know what each thing is anyway or something.

Go for the german special edition for sure. It is top notch, you wont have problems with the language, print a sheet of paper with the buildings and you are all set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
All buildings with pictures, names and functions are shown and explained in the rules, so you can use the content of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.