Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any methods available for playing this online/PBEM?

A Cyberboard module might be feasible I think, though the modular board is a bit of a challenge.

Given the amount of table space the real thing takes up, online play might be the only way some people can manaage the high player numbers... (especially if the expansion adds 6 more potential players!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
PBeM and PBF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Griffith
United States
Ozark
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere that they were working on an IOS app too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Chiappa
United States
lincoln park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i saw some days ago someone playing the vassal module (checking the server status )...i hope that it will be ready soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Marttila
Finland
Jyväskylä
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Developers of the game are currently inspecting module made by me and hopefully give permission to publish it to open beta (fully playable, only needing polishing) soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Marttila
Finland
Jyväskylä
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got permission from designers to publish my module to open beta. It is too late now in Finland, but will provide it for you all tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Juuso, wow we've been waiting for that for a while. That's great news!
I'm in the CET timezone and am available for games from 20:00 until 1:00 during the week and in the afternoon during the weekends preferably using Skype or Google Hangout.

Kind regards,
Francis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to play on a turn-based online implementation like the one for TTA (BGO) !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Marttila
Finland
Jyväskylä
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Module now available: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Eclipse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've been soloing the Vassal mod a bit. Many thanks for your efforts. A few comments:

The black and blue ships are rather difficult to see against the dark background of the hexes. A lighter colour border would be helpful.

If the ancient ships were placed on the draw board rather than the supply board, it would be slightly quicker to populate the hexes where they appear.

It is easy to misclick the right click options on hexes. Often a hex will be discarded when the intention was rotation. This is only a slight problem when placing a newly explored hex, but when a starting hex is accidentally removed from the game, there is no option but starting the setup again. Could they be removed to a remote area of the map where they would still be accessible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
It is easy to misclick the right click options on hexes. Often a hex will be discarded when the intention was rotation. This is only a slight problem when placing a newly explored hex, but when a starting hex is accidentally removed from the game, there is no option but starting the setup again. Could they be removed to a remote area of the map where they would still be accessible?

Have you tried clicking the Undo button?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Ah, always forget about that one. I'll try next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sniper Sunset
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Any others risen since the last post?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hrs hrs
msg tools
I'm surprised that very few people are using the Vassal module, and this makes me a very sad panda :|

Download Vassal here http://www.vassalengine.org/download.php
Then get the Eclipse module version 1.5.2 here http://bit.ly/10Qohf9 and join me for a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Venables
msg tools
Any more turned up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish someone would create an online version like Juho Snellman's version of Terra Mystica. I love that implementation, and although I haven't played it yet, I'm concerned about how...literal Vassal seems to be. Why move pieces when a computer can take care of all of that? I withhold judgment until I've actually played it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamino Muth
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
hrs111111 wrote:
I'm surprised that very few people are using the Vassal module, and this makes me a very sad panda :|

Download Vassal here http://www.vassalengine.org/download.php
Then get the Eclipse module version 1.5.2 here http://bit.ly/10Qohf9 and join me for a game!

I just downloaded the stuff you mentioned but it seems that no one plays there (anymore?). Is that true or did I just do something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.