Subject: Where to start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David K
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted to try this for a while, and the WoW sets can be found pretty cheaply, so I thought I'd pick one up. But... wow. Where should I start? I've looked at FitS, and it seems to rate well. I guess one could argue that since new features/rules/clarifications get added with each release, I should get whatever is newest. On the other hand, I know a lot of people prefer the WWI games over the WWII ones, and there are certainly more games/expansions out there for WWI. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I've checked to see if any Geeklists exist on this topic (seems like a common question). I only found one on the WWI games, and it seems to be more about what is included in each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well when I got Burning Drachens I picked it cos it reminded me of that great movie 'The Blue Max' haven't regretted the purchase & my kids love to shot me down...the only downside really cry

I haven't got anymore minis but the ones we have a wonderful & the game has a great feel to it's game play.

I'd just go with the one u are most interested in & has a good strong gut feel before u purchase & play!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15953/wings-of-war-burnin... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to go with WWII, I would suggest you sit tight a little longer and pick up the new Starter Set that is coming out in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for a quick, cheap way to introduce myself to the series, so i managed to pick up Fire from the Sky for about $9 (after discounts and store credit). Thanks for the tip, though. If it goes over well in my group, I may keep that starter set in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.