Subject: Card 66 - Homegrown rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karfil karfil
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
Hello,
card nr 66 Homegrown says: place a cell in the United Kongdom.
From where to place the cell, from track? If yes, what if no cells are available? Do i also have to die roll vs. governance like for travel?

I have also question to Minor Jihad. What if i have 3 Ops and succed with the first die roll? Can i use the remaing Ops for other actions?

Thanks for answers!
Karol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
karfil wrote:
Hello,
From where to place the cell, from track? If yes, what if no cells are available? Do i also have to die roll vs. governance like for travel?

From the track. No travel roll needed because the card instructs you to place one.

karfil wrote:
I have also question to Minor Jihad. What if i have 3 Ops and succed with the first die roll? Can i use the remaing Ops for other actions?

Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
yes, you place the cell from the track. If one is not available, you don't get to place any. And no, you don't have to roll vs. governance. Every time a card says to place something, you just do it without having to roll anything etc.

And about minor jihad, if first roll succeeds, you don't get to use remaining ops for anything else. They're effectively lost. Of course you can minor jihad in multiple countries using that 3 ops. But you have to tell that in advance. You can't just start rolling from one country and if it succeeds and you have ops remaining, move to another one. You have to at start say that you're doing minor jihad in country x and y etc. And then just roll separately for each country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karfil karfil
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
Many thanks! That's clarify a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
yes, you place the cell from the track. If one is not available, you don't get to place any.

Just to clarify, a cell does not have to be "available" (4.7.4.2) with regard to Funding to be placed by an Event. There only needs to be a cell on the track for an Event to place it. See the rules text below the example within rule 4.7.4.2.

Hope that helps! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karfil karfil
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
thanks for the hint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see anybody mention this. I thought that you had to roll the posture of England in this case, being the target of an event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's right. Any time an untested country is the target of any operation, you test it. So yes, you would roll for the posture of England in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
karfil wrote:
Hello,

From the track. No travel roll needed because the card instructs you to place one.

karfil wrote:

Nope.

To further clarify, there is no "first die roll", as all dice are rolled simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.