Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Dziuk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a list of DFW retailers. I want to buy a copy of Space Alert, but its really hard to find a copy right now so I'm planning on just chain calling until I find one.

Does anyone have a list?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Area 51 in Grapevine (http://area51gac.com/). They seem nice enough but you'll pay full retail for whatever you buy from them.

There's Y2Komics in S. Fort Worth (Wedgwood to be exact). They had quite a few board games last time I was there. Like with Area 51, you can probably expect MSRP.

One of my old comics, games, etc. stomping grounds was Generation X in Bedford. I don't know what their game stock is like these days but they used to have some stuff.

The Colleyville HobbyTown USA (http://www.hobbytown.com/Colleyville-TX/) carries a fair number of games and their stock seems to actually change as they sell stuff. The Arlington and Plano stores might be similar but I've never been there.

There's Madness Games (http://www.madnessgames.com/Madness.html) in Plano, but I've never been there. I was hoping to go next week when I was up at the Dallas Games Marathon.

I've also heard of Comicboxx (http://www.comicboxx.com/) in Cleburne but I've never been there either.

There's the various Lone Star Comics locations. I would avoid them like the plague. If you call with actual interest in buying a game, it'll turn out to be MSRP + 20% or so.

I look forward to seeing what others have to add to this list because I don't know what else is out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodriquez Wrenchezo
United States
warner robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know most of us dont lik ebay, but a quick search shows one for 36+10 shipping..
not bad, not good, about what ye would pay a flgs

as to dfw

there's
Lone star(several locations, arlington, irving)
there hobby town(one in arlington has a huge game selection at usually msrp)
there's y2k in grand prairie(I think that's where it is)

and Gen X small store but they usually have a pretty packed selection.

Try one of the lonestars, they will be pricey likely, usually msrp or 5-10ish over it, but if store doesna have it they can check the other stores to try to get it for ye.

cheers
Rod

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Couch
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Madness in Plano has a huge inventory and their prices are often a little below retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackie Keiser
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I saw a copy of Space Alert two weeks ago at the Generation X store in Bedford. Worth a shot!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/generation-x-comics-bedford
239 N Industrial Blvd
Bedford, TX 76021
(817) 540-5556

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fowler
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madness has a large inventory, but I havent seen them selling for less than MSRP except during their yearly December buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Lone Star has a smaller inventory (but much more selection than Barnes and Noble), and I have never seen them selling for above MSRP - they occassionaly have 15-25% off sales.

If I buy offline, I usually go to Madness just to support them due to their December sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_f wrote:
Madness has a large inventory, but I havent seen them selling for less than MSRP except during their yearly December buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Lone Star has a smaller inventory (but much more selection than Barnes and Noble), and I have never seen them selling for above MSRP - they occassionaly have 15-25% off sales.

If I buy offline, I usually go to Madness just to support them due to their December sale.

I live in Plano and x2 to everything Mark said. I like Lone Star a lot but Madness is a much bigger store with a great selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Copy of Space Alert is still there for the last several months. I should just go ahead and buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, thread necromancy here - but it's the same topic, just needs updated info... Plus I want to show I did some research !

So what good stores are in the DFW area ? Madness seems to be worth the trip - anything else ?

Ideally they would sell either used games or a good selection of wargames. Madness interests me as there are a few comics I'd like to find.

I'm sure, the last time I was in the area, I found an interesting store near the airport. What intrigued me is they were selling "The Treasure Hunter" for Rivet Wars - I didn't buy it as I was thinking, I bought everything for Rivet Wars...well, not quite... I have since obtained that figure but would like to get back to see if they have other rarities but can find no mention of it. It might have been Lone Star (now closed) but the descriptions don't seem to fit - any ideas ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.