john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this was obvious to everyone but me.

While I've played a lot of video games, they all seem very much like solitaire. Even online games where there is direct conflict fall flat for me. I don't get into the stories, and I understand that some do. Some games are better than others so I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There are some great video games out there.

Same with boardgames in my experience. I've played games that ended up feeling like four player solitaire, which is okay if that's what you want. Even direct conflict can be annoying, with some despising it. I don't typically get into any storyline, though I like thematic games (crazy American ).

But when you add the microphone and headset and friends to video games, the entire experience changes. And, if your gaming group is terrible, the game will still be lacking.

Boardgames are highly dependent on the group playing, as well. The group is where the excitement is really generated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.