Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Per 5.3, "That is, friendly units negate Enemy Zones of Control for the purposes of tracing a Supply Path."

Does this remain true if the friendly unit itself is OOS?

I am loooking specifically at a situation where two German armies are boxed in by Soviet units west of Voronezh. There is no question that they will become OOS on the first supply check phase. The question comes wherein a German unit from Kharkov will move adjacent to the German encircled units, thereby "opening" up the supply line trace,

BUT WAIT, if the Soviet had placed the "Cavalry Raid: Play at the Start of the German Organization Phase to put an 'Out Of Supply' marker on any one enemy unit." (i.e., the one beginning in Kharkov), does this then negate the supply trace, thereby forcing a surrender of the encircled units at the removal phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say, even an OOS unit negates the EZOCs for the purpose of tracing a supply path.

But I think it cannot provide indirect supply, since it isn't supplied itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
I would say, even an OOS unit negates the EZOCs for the purpose of tracing a supply path.

But I think it cannot provide indirect supply, since it isn't supplied itself.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.