Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this news over Consimworld-Newsletter, now i have my #1 must have-App surprisegoorobot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgOZHY90bs&feature=youtu.be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the first thing I've seen that actually makes me want to buy an iPad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@TylerDax: Cooles Video, und sehr interessant, aber wenn Du schon online bist, wieso beantwortest du keine Geekmails?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmac wrote:
That's the first thing I've seen that actually makes me want to buy an iPad.

Exactly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sims
Australia
Kangaroo Flat
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TylerDax wrote:
Just received this news over Consimworld-Newsletter, now i have my #1 must have-App surprisegoorobot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgOZHY90bs&feature=youtu.be

There is a detailed thread here which unfortunately shows that we are very unlikely to get this on tablets angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
MUST HAVE! Awesome. Hope it gets picked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yeah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
unfortunately its not available yet.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still wiping up the drool after watching it earlier today. One can only hope something like this actually makes its way into the App store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sniff, is an android version in the works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys aren't reading the other link. It has been clearly pointed out that legally, no matter how much Academy Games may like it, they can't let this guy publish it. Academy Games is in a legal contract with Matrix Games and a developer already, and the game is well along. I've been a beta tester on it for nearly a year now. And due to NDA's I can't really comment or make comparisons at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
You guys aren't reading the other link. It has been clearly pointed out that legally, no matter how much Academy Games may like it, they can't let this guy publish it. Academy Games is in a legal contract with Matrix Games and a developer already, and the game is well along. I've been a beta tester on it for nearly a year now. And due to NDA's I can't really comment or make comparisons at this time.

If it's not available for OS X at least, then it's dead in the water for me.

Also, Matrix games COULD devise a product for the iPad, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this was a brilliant fan-made effort but won't see the light of day. As a designer and UX guy of more than 20 years though, I can tell you that I think his design rocks.

Matrix Games has a rocky, rocky relationship with OSX, btw. Slitherine gets their wargames to OSX, I'm not holding my breath for CoH though as Matrix is a very pro-PC developer.

I personally think a PC-only version would be a business mistake (Apple continues growing at 20%/year for the last six years, only PC manufacturer growing in last five quarters, 90% of computer buyers who spend more than $1,000 on a computer buy Apple computers etc) ... but no one listens to me. shake YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Working on this demo was a really fun experience and the feedback has made it all worth the while.

As has already been mentioned, CoH (not too sure what formats) is already in development. I previously spoke to Sliterhine/Matrix games but nothing really came of it. I've also spoken to other major board game companies (I'll let you guess which ones those were) but I've been so busy with work I've simply not had a chance to follow them up.

However, once everything has settled down, I'll continue on with what I was doing before although that's unlikely to be CoH. I guess I could finish it but I'd be the only one allowed to play it which kind of defeats the purpose.

Saying that, the codebase I've created could easily be converted to a different title (any suggestions?). I've already got one game I'm working on in the background (or will be once I have some spare time) but there's always additional things to forward to.

JJ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven A Lee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever game you decide to work on next, please just make sure it's one you can sell to me. I've yet to see a better UI for a wargame on the iPad, and it's a sin that the major players aren't throwing money at you right now to develop their games.

Oh, and if GMT was one of the companies you've been in contact with, for the love, please call them back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:

Saying that, the codebase I've created could easily be converted to a different title (any suggestions?).

How are you not having to fight off interested parties with a stick?

email GMT and simply say 'Combat Commander' and include a link to your previous work.

That should do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.