Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Staines
United Kingdom
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an idea of how people could get a localised BGG rankings chart, not to replace the rankings but just so that people can quickly and easily see the ratings of friends all at once.

So basically just creation of a new rankings table which can be viewed at any time and in the same way as the rankings would be viewed normally except that it is sorted by the average ratings of yourself and anyone you are friends with over BGG.

Additionally a similar rankings table for every gaming group, where the rankings of anyone who has signed up to that group are considered when calculating the average ratings. It would quickly allow you to see what games friends are into. It could prove a good talking point in larger gaming groups or gaming groups with new members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean something similar to the Geekbuddy Ratings utility? Try My Geek->GeekBuddies->Ratings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Staines
United Kingdom
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, yeh I was invisiging something along those lines. Though does that include your own rating or just your buddies?

That looks like a damn good tool which I really didn't know about before... you learn something new everyday. Thanks J!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it includes your ratings, only your GeekBuddies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to include yourself you can add yourself as a geekbuddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't work anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Staines
United Kingdom
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the next thing would be to make it so that you could select an option in the ratings section mentioned above to 'only select buddies from a certain group' that way if for example, you have multiple gaming groups of friends or have become geek buddies with people online but are never going to play games against them, then it won't skew your localised average ratings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I don't believe it includes your ratings, only your GeekBuddies.

It seems to work for me.

Edit: I now see that you can no longer add yourself as a geekbuddy, but if you had already done so, you remain as one. This seems odd as it was a feature that I know that at least some people found the ability useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.