Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IF IN MY BUY PHASE I HAVE THREE GOLD CARDS IN MY HAND FOR A TOTAL WORTH OF 9 AND I WANT TO BUY A PROVINCE CARD MAY I DO THAT? AND THE EXTRA 1 MONEY IS WASTED? THX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, you play the three Gold cards, and then you have 9 coins to spend. If you only have 1 Buy, you may buy any card costing up to 9 coins, including Province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any money not utilized in buying a card is wasted. Unless you have an action card that provides you with an extra buy. In your scenario the 1 treasure left over is not used as you do not have another buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I advise spending the leftover 1 Treasure on a Caps Lock key?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
Can I advise spending the leftover 1 Treasure on a Caps Lock key?
I'd be more inclined to spend it on FIXING the Caps Lock key, there seems to be one already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOW A SECOND SCENARIO: LET'S PRETEND IN THIS PLAY THERE ARE BANK CARD AND COLONY CARD ( EACH FROM DOMINION PROSPERITY XPANSION );I'M IN MY BUY PHASE; I HAVE SEVEN COPPERS AND ONE BANK IN HAND BUT NOT EXTRA BUYS FROM PREVIOUS ACTION CARDS. NOW I WANT TO BUY VICTORY CARD COLONY WHICH COSTS 11 COINS.
MY TOTAL MONEY POWER IS A TOTAL OF 15 COINS THANKS TO THE BANK WHICH SAYS: '' WHEN YOU PLAY THIS,IT'S WORTH 1 COIN PER TREASURE CARD YOU HAVE IN PLAY ( COUNTING THIS ).''
NOW IF I PURCHASE COLONY CARD (COST 11 COINS-10 VICTORY POINTS) THE EXTRA 4 COINS ARE LOST??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is indeed the case unless you have +1 Buy. In which case, you should invest the other 4 in a Caps Lock key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't seen an all caps post in a looong time. Forgot how painful they are. Ouch - I couldn't even make it to the end of the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if there was a really concise rulebook for this game. Maybe like 3-4 pages that explained everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ok i've followed your advice... now i got a colony card and a Caps Lock key...everyone's happy again! thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mean to hurt your delicate eyes,i'm really sorry. Shame on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eugelonely wrote:
I didn't mean to hurt your delicate eyes,i'm really sorry. Shame on me.

We'll live. But more importantly, you'll get about 10 times the amount of people willing to answer your posts.

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erudite Wizard wrote:
It would be nice if there was a really concise rulebook for this game. Maybe like 3-4 pages that explained everything.

That would be... the rulebook? (Included with base game or intrigue.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
Erudite Wizard wrote:

I think you missed the sarcasm there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
ScoobyG wrote:

Yes. That's the joke. The joke is that the rulebook is already a very concise document that explains all of this perfectly and that the topic creator's question would have been answered simply by reading it instead of first turning to BoardGameGeek with caps lock enabled. It is a device that employs irony to point out that there is a much better and more direct method of having questions such as these answered.

And now I must atone for having explained a joke and thus having murdered all humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me add one last thing: whats really sad about all this unnecessary sarcasm is people gettin' upset or hurt or whatever by CAPS LOCK ENABLED....damn! i did it again!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
ScoobyG wrote:
Erudite Wizard wrote:

I think you missed the sarcasm there.

Ruh roh. I absolutely, completely did. blush

Apologies for ruining the thread. (And the thing is, I genuinely feel bad about this.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eugelonely wrote:
Let me add one last thing: whats really sad about all this unnecessary sarcasm is people gettin' upset or hurt or whatever by CAPS LOCK ENABLED....damn! i did it again!whistle

Do I have to make the social contract speech again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
eugelonely wrote:

No, what's really sad is someone appearing to beg other people for help that they could easily have gotten themselves by opening a rulebook, going out of their way to do so in an unnecessarily obnoxious way, refusing at first to stop doing so in that unnecessarily obnoxious way, and finally acting like it was those evil jerks who answered their question but asked them not to deliberately type poorly were the ones at fault.

Unnecessary Typing Quirks Just Make Posts Less Readable For Absolutely No Reason And It Is Your Responsibility To Type Normally, Not Everyone Else's Responsibility To Put Up With Your Typing When You're The One Asking Them To Help You. That's How Society Works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well maybe i'm the only one thinkin' that but to me caps lock key enabled help me to see clearer. I just can't see why this could be a social typin' obnoxious way whatsover( thats the point). But since i got all this anger i won't be doin' that anymore 'cause i might offend people sensibility.
Second i'm not the only one askin' stupid or banal questions and if you think so you simply have not to respond me. Just take it easy! Calm down!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eugelonely wrote:
Well maybe i'm the only one thinkin' that but to me caps lock key enabled help me to see clearer. I just can't see why this could be a social typin' obnoxious way whatsover( thats the point). But since i got all this anger i won't be doin' that anymore 'cause i might offend people sensibility.
Second i'm not the only one askin' stupid or banal questions and if you think so you simply have not to respond me. Just take it easy! Calm down!

The problem is that there is a convention among internet users that typing in all capitals is the same as shouting in normal conversation. Imagine trying to have a conversation with someone who is SHOUTING ALL THE TIME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio Tibaldi
Italy
Campomorone
GENOVA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes i know about that. But what can i say anymore? If people think i 've been stupid,rude or offensive they can always flag this thread 'cause i'm a black sheep among users. That's their right. I just didn't mean to cause all this fuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
eugelonely wrote:
Well maybe i'm the only one thinkin' that but to me caps lock key enabled help me to see clearer.

Nobody can speak to your personal experience but you. However, there have been studies done on the readability of type that have shown that, for the overwhelming majority, sentence-cased text is considerably easier to read than text in all-capitals. It isn't even a matter of "what you're used to" being easier, the shapes of lower-case Latin characters actually help people recognise them. (The ascenders - like in a "d" - and descenders - like in a "p" are a big part of that.)

The way we call all-caps shouting is just a convention, but it's a convention that results from the way all-caps text is similar to shouting - it stands out from the surrounding text more but is less comprehensible.

Now, previously your use of all-caps can have been chalked up to a basic lack of knowledge, but now you've had the facts patiently and politely explained to you. This is the point where further complaining about being talked to about this, or use of all-caps, is unquestionably rude.

If you really do find lower-case text hard to make out, I would suggest you get your eyes checked. That sort of difficulty could be indicative of a vision impairment. You might also look at increasing your browser's default font size or using some form of magnification (which many browsers have built-in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eugelonely wrote:

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Seriously, that's what a forum is for, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
mb
Sverre wrote:
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Seriously, that's what a forum is for, right?

I definitely get all my stupid answers on internet forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.