Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Staines
United Kingdom
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried Monster, CV library and Jobsite so why not here...

I'm currently looking for a job and I figure I may as well make use of my hobbies if I can. I have a maths degree and a strong analytical nature which serves me well in most games. I win more than my percentage share in a competitive setting at a local boardgames club and play a wide variety of games.

I also play games at home with family and so can recognise the different values family gamers tend to go for and the goals they like to be able to set themselves and achieve during the course of a game.

I have a few ideas of my own for boardgames though have not yet games tested them. Equally I would be very interested in getting into games testing or co-designing games if I could. As I say I am very analytical and enjoy games with a wide variety of mechanics so have a good working knowledge of most existing mechanisms and a few ideas of my own for new ones.

Feel free to click on my profile and look at what my favourites are if you're interested. I am looking for a job somewhere along the M62 corridor in the UK (or within about 40 miles of the M62 so that's quite a massive area). My favourite Boardgames designers are Mac Gerdts, Reiner Knizia and Martin Wallace.

If this post is deemed for whatever reason to be advertising then I'd be happy for the mods to remove it though I think I'm within the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
I would be shocked if there were any paid full-time board game tester positions that weren't coupled with being in charge of product lines or game development. Getting a paid design job is a crap shoot and depends a lot more on who you know and what experience you can demonstrate simply because there are so few paid design jobs in the industry. If there are more than 100 full-time board game designer jobs in the whole world I'd be shocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.