United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can you use the special abilities in one set to affect another? Specifically, can you move the magic doors out of the forest and onto one of the other sets, when you step on the blue disks?

2) The brown 4X4 pieces that connect the different sets - are they a movement space? All the rest of the movement spaces have just the one "peg" on them for the heroes...do you skip the brown spaces, say only one hero can occupy them, or can multiple heroes occupy those spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Vain
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes you can use special abilities on all the sets. In the example of the magic doors, you can move them on a dark square where you want.
2) The brown pieces have to be traited like any other movement pieces. Only one Heros per movement pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not specific about these. I find allowing the magical portals leave the forest a bit trashy. the game becomes even more chaotic and I think it does not fit thematically either. Therefore, our magic portals stay in the forest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KTFerguson wrote:
1) Can you use the special abilities in one set to affect another? Specifically, can you move the magic doors out of the forest and onto one of the other sets, when you step on the blue disks?

2) The brown 4X4 pieces that connect the different sets - are they a movement space? All the rest of the movement spaces have just the one "peg" on them for the heroes...do you skip the brown spaces, say only one hero can occupy them, or can multiple heroes occupy those spaces?

1) As default set-up, the Magic Doors, and the Torches are the only things that can 'leave' their base-set. The Torches are obviously not a problem.
I don't see a problem with moving the Magic Doors out of the forest, PROVIDED that you spread the Magic Disks out into other sets as well, so as to minimize 'griefer' strategies.

2) Doesn't much matter, just make it clear at the start of the round if they are 1's or 2's.
My family treats them as 1's without the "space full > move ahead" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew West
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I think that since the "Magicalness" is in Waldurk, the magic doors should only be placed there

Same with the torches, they're meant to allow the character to travel better in darkness, since the castle is lit up, i dont see it making sense. I guess if you spread out the magic doors and torches you could use them in all areas(like puitting a torch in each area or so).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple, unless you can pick it up and carry it in your hero pack, nothing can go past a 2x2 brown set connector. That also answers your second q: brown spaces are just like normal spaces, but they are different to signal a border of an area. Only the very starting space allows multiple guys in the same space, and only at the start of the game, before you have moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I ignore the brown 4x4 pieces when it comes to movement.

In regards to torches, keys and magical doors I like to keep them "in set" and so cannot go past the 4x4 pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never really liked the idea of "magic doors can move to any dark grey space" precisely for this reason; I've experimented with placing single translucent blue "studs" on the spots the doors start in (with the doors on top) as well as on the logical dark grey tiles that they could move to (i.e. spaces that could be used to "block" movement to a new board piece). Thus, stepping on a magic space lets the Hero move any one magic door to one of these unoccupied (by Hero, monster or magic door) blue studs. This has the advantage of preventing magic doors from flying all over the board when using multiple sets together if that isn't the intent.

For the default rules, the omission of any ruling otherwise means they COULD be placed anywhere on the board, but even with no house rules added, I would definitely make the call that they should be "Waldurk Forest area only".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aguirre
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:

I ignore the brown 4x4 pieces when it comes to movement.

In regards to torches, keys and magical doors I like to keep them "in set" and so cannot go past the 4x4 pieces.

This is the way I play with my 5-year-old son.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.