Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 5+ wounds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tiduz 99
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Evening, played a game this afternoon & a couple of questions came up...

1. If during combat you were to take 10 wounds where do they all go? Obviously you would be knocked out & discard all non-wound cards first. Do you then take the 10 wounds and put 5 in your hand for current hand size and the other 5 in your discard pile?

2. During our game the last core tile with the blue city was revealed but then inaccessible as surrounded by lakes, what happens?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiduz99 wrote:
Evening, played a game this afternoon & a couple of questions came up...

1. If during combat you were to take 10 wounds where do they all go? Obviously you would be knocked out & discard all non-wound cards first. Do you then take the 10 wounds and put 5 in your hand for current hand size and the other 5 in your discard pile?

You put them all in your hand. Note that hand limit in this game never forces you to discard cards. It only prevents you from drawing more.

tiduz99 wrote:

2. During our game the last core tile with the blue city was revealed but then inaccessible as surrounded by lakes, what happens?

Well, if no one has Frost Bridge or Song of Wind, you can still explore green tiles from the box as long as they are adjacent to at least 3 other tiles. Also remember the rule that Core tiles must be placed adjacent to 2 other tiles. It is unfortunate when this happens, but there should be a few ways around it. If not, well you just don't get to go to the blue city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
1. It's rare you'd ever take ten wound cards. If you were assigned ten damage at the basic armor level of two and with no units (worst case), your armor would soak damage at a two-to-one ratio and you'd take five wounds...

But for the sake of argument, if you did take ten wounds, they'd all go to your hand and the world would suck pretty bad for a while; you'd discard wounds with full rests, one at a time, for six turns, when you'd be ack to a level when you can draw to your hand size again.

Note that the hand size isn't a limit; if you have more than five cards in hand, you jut don't draw up until you're below your size again.

2. That's one hard-to-get-to city! But there are ways to cross a lake, so it's not impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foomer McCloud
United States
Albany
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
Holmes! wrote:
...ten damage at the basic armor level of two and with no units (worst case), your armor would soak damage at a two-to-one ratio and you'd take five wounds...

I had this rule completely wrong. Here's what I was doing
10 damage - 2 armor = 8 wound cards
Repeat for each enemy that you are fighting.

Not 10 damage / 2 armor = 5 wound cards

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh god you can rest?! I spent most of a round limping slowly back to a healing glade before finally drawing a Heal 2 card on the turn I reached it... I hadn't realised you could skip your turn to shrug off a wound! At least, I'm assuming that's what a full rest does - the game was taught to us by someone else so I haven't actually read the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Resting can be done in two ways:
- say you are resting, and discard one non-wound card and as many wound cards as you want (they are discarded not thrown away, so they will come back next round). You can also play healing and special actions, but nothing else.

- say you are resting, show that your hand only contain wound cards, and discard one of them. (that is quite bad, because you'll have to keep doing that until you are able to draw a non wound card and discard your entire hand...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, I had no idea! I had three wounds and I thought I was just stuck with drawing two cards per turn until I drew a Heal card or made it to a healing hex. So I can carry the wounds in the hope of healing them away or I can discard them so that I can play on but know they will reoccur in the next round - aahhh more choices!

Thanks very much for the clarification laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.