Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Dennis
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the YFNoI cards, and wanted to find a way to incorporate them into the game. So, here goes.
Investigators keep Nothing of Interest cards they find.
They gain the ability:
For one movenemt action, an investigator may test the number of Nothing of Interest cards they have plus clues they've found.
Success: Choose 1: gain a skill, keeper loses four threat, or keeper reveals the location of the next clue. Discard your YFNoI cards. Fail: Discard one YFNoI card and take one Horror damage.
Optionally, players may gain Horror to subtract from their roll on a 1-for-1 basis.

Has anybody found anothey way to use Nothing of Interest cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Horobin
United Kingdom
frome
flag msg tools
How's about this.
When a player finds YFNoI cards, he can later choose to make a roll with his luck -2 to try and gain an unused or discarded item from the item pile (starting items not included) if he fails he hands over the card and gains one horror, and if he critically fails (10) he gains 3 horror, if he critcally succeeds (1) he can pick three random cards and choose from one of those, alternatively three YFNoI cards can be exchanged for a single skill point.

I tend not to use clue cards in any rolls, because I treat them as shared information and if they are found then they belong to all player, unlike item cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
macgowan wrote:
I love the YFNoI cards, and wanted to find a way to incorporate them into the game. So, here goes.
They gain the ability:
For one movenemt action, an investigator may test the number of Nothing of Interest cards they have plus clues they've found.
Success: Choose 1: gain a skill, keeper loses four threat, or keeper reveals the location of the next clue. Discard your YFNoI cards. Fail: Discard one YFNoI card and take one Horror damage.
Optionally, players may gain Horror to subtract from their roll on a 1-for-1 basis.

I made new images with question marks and sleeved over 5 NOI cards with the new images. They replace 5 NOI cards used in random set-up. I made a set of 15 random low powered cards. When an investigator player finds a ? card, they draw from the random card deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicola Zee wrote:
macgowan wrote:
They gain the ability:

I made new images with question marks and sleeved over 5 NOI cards with the new images. They replace 5 NOI cards used in random set-up. I made a set of 15 random low powered cards. When an investigator player finds a ? card, they draw from the random card deck.

I'd love to hear what your new items are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dennis
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet idea with the new items! Maybe something like:

Ball-point Pen: Sharp, Unarmed, Melee. All "sharp" checks made at -2.

Loose Floorboard: Blunt, Melee. All combat checks made at -1. Action: Discard to do 1 damage at Range 1 and test Luck. Pass: stun the monster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.