Charlie Chuckle
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Rev. Hendrickson
Spy, Bodyguard
Assassinate a Representative. If the Representative is a Bodyguard, he is not considered targeted

If another race uses a spy to target Sol's councilor, then Rev. Hendrickson is revealed. Does this mean Rev. Hendrickson cannot Assasinate? Does Sol's spy do nothing? I couldn't find this ruling in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charliechuckleberry wrote:
Quote:
Rev. Hendrickson
Spy, Bodyguard
Assassinate a Representative. If the Representative is a Bodyguard, he is not considered targeted

If another race uses a spy to target Sol's councilor, then Rev. Hendrickson is revealed. Does this mean Rev. Hendrickson cannot Assasinate? Does Sol's spy do nothing? I couldn't find this ruling in the rulebook.

I would guess that he simply "blocks" the Spy that targeted him, and then doesn't do anything, since he was already revealed, but I would wait for SigmaZero or someone else to chime in.

EDIT: See what I mean. This is another instance where my "interpretation" of the rules, and the RAW and Sigma's "interpretation" differ. Chances are he's right, but I would play it differently, since "revealing/ Turning faceup" is part of their resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't say that a previously revealed spy does not get to use its effect. It says you "must reveal it (turn it faceup if it is facedown) and then resolve its special ability."

IE, it doesn't say that if it was already faceup, it doesn't trigger. In most cases, the Spy may already be dead, but not always, and those spies will still do their action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Murphy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Scott. It doesn't say anywhere that revealed spies don't get to use their ability when it is their regular turn to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.