Subject: Reputation tiles, who draws first rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After battles, who draws reputation tiles first? Are they ones that you discard put back before the other player draws his?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Defender (whoever was in the tile first)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haven't found that in the rules. How do you know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
From rulebook. Check it better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrr2D2 wrote:

That was less than helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Crumb Sheik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the end of the paragraph on page 21 that says 'You may not draw more than five tiles'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
keethrax wrote:
Arrr2D2 wrote:

This is in rulebook for sure. I don't have to check on which page it is. I think it's helpful enough if I dispel doubts and say that there it is. He can check it or trust me and Tim.
Those things are clearly explained in rulebook, it is not necessary to spam topics with numbers of pages of document that everyone have or can download. He asked how do Tim known the answer - probably whether it actually is in rulebook or perhaps in FAQ or some other thread? And it is in rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Zennaro
Italy
Spinea
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aselan wrote:
Haven't found that in the rules. How do you know?

In the example of battle on the rulebook (pag 22-23), Iain is the defender. At the end the battle, draw for first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:

Yet another thing I got backwards in this game. Oh well, I think I like attacker-first better anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Yet another thing I got backwards in this game. Oh well, I think I like attacker-first better anyway

Then what about a situation where Player A moves into the center, then Player B moves after. Player A gets the short end of the stick by having to draw last, despite being the first one to take the plunge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Then what about a situation where Player A moves into the center, then Player B moves after. Player A gets the short end of the stick by having to draw last, despite being the first one to take the plunge?

A fair point, but I think it's only a slightly shorter end of the stick. Given that, I'm ok with a bit of potential dysfunction in situations like that if it generally (and gently) encourages more attacking overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Crumb Sheik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it as the victor drawing first in our first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrr2D2 wrote:
keethrax wrote:
Arrr2D2 wrote:

This is in rulebook for sure. I don't have to check on which page it is. I think it's helpful enough if I dispel doubts and say that there it is. He can check it or trust me and Tim.
Those things are clearly explained in rulebook, it is not necessary to spam topics with numbers of pages of document that everyone have or can download. He asked how do Tim known the answer - probably whether it actually is in rulebook or perhaps in FAQ or some other thread? And it is in rulebook.

Whatever. If you want to pretend you were being helpful and not being snarky and useless, feel free. We both know that's bogus.

Interestingly enough, nobody yet has been able to say where it is other than in an example. So either it's not in the rules themselves and only in the example, or it is but is hard enough to find that nobody has replied with where despite looking and finding the example.

Either way it's not simple, and a perfectly reasonable question. Your dismissive snarky comment was completely unnecessary, and you know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You may not draw more than five tiles. Choose
one of the tiles and place it face down on your
Reputation Track. Put the rest of the tiles back
in the bag. If the track is full, you may return
any of your Reputation Tiles (including the one
you just drew or one from the track) in the
bag. The tiles are drawn in the order the players
entered the hex, so that the player who
first entered the hex will draw all his tiles first.

It's in the exact section about how reputation tiles work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 21 of the rulebook, in the paragraph that misleadingly is placed under the heading "reputation tiles". Deviously hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Kaskela
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
out4blood wrote:

Don't get it. Won't A get to pick first since he was the first one in the hex?

Would be a better rule to allow attacker pick first I think, even though only a slight difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finite wrote:

In the fight between A & B, A is the defender and has the initiative advantage. B is considered the attacker since A was there first, and B "attacked".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Kaskela
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
jasonwocky wrote:
Finite wrote:

In the fight between A & B, A is the defender and has the initiative advantage. B is considered the attacker since A was there first, and B "attacked".

Ah so the comment above meant that "if attacker (B) would get first pick" then "A would get a short end of a stick"... Ok makes sense now. But still I'd think giving attacker the first pick would be better to give that small benefit to being aggressive. But, indeed, very small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aautio wrote:
Page 21 of the rulebook, in the paragraph that misleadingly is placed under the heading "reputation tiles". Deviously hard to find.

Fair enough. In that case I'm shocked that it was so hard to get a straight answer. And that snarky responses were called for instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
aautio wrote:

Fair enough. In that case I'm shocked that it was so hard to get a straight answer. And that snarky responses were called for instead.

How was it "hard"?

I posted the answer in 6 minutes. 5th response gave the citation. If there were any snark - like your post for example - it was probably due to people a) not reading the rulebook, and then b) calling into question people who have and that were trying to be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
If there were any snark - like your post for example - it was probably due to people a) not reading the rulebook, and then b) calling into question people who have and that were trying to be helpful.

Wow. Just wow. So now asking for where to find it because someone missed it is somehow an insult. Amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
out4blood wrote:
If there were any snark - like your post for example - it was probably due to people a) not reading the rulebook, and then b) calling into question people who have and that were trying to be helpful.

Wow. Just wow. So now asking for where to find it because someone missed it is somehow an insult. Amazing.

No, calling someone "useless" is an insult. Don't try and feign innocence. The location had already been posted the day before you jumped in with "nobody yet has been able to say where it is."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.